Heart Blocks

BoCat9

Easier Method: write the blocks in order, and write CICI in order beside it (think CICI's Pizza)

1st degree C

2nd Type 1 I

2nd Type 2 C

3rd I

The C stands for consistent, the I for inconsistent. Now look at your PR interval, if it is consistent, your block must be 1st degree or 2nd type II. More than one p-wave makes it 2nd type II.

If your PR interval is Inconsistent, then you either have Wenkebach, or 3rd degree. If the PR gets longer until a QRS is dropped you know what you have. If the opposite is true, you know what you have.

Easier Method: write the blocks in order, and write CICI in order beside it (think CICI's Pizza)

1st degree C

2nd Type 1 I

2nd Type 2 C

3rd I

The C stands for consistent, the I for inconsistent. Now look at your PR interval, if it is consistent, your block must be 1st degree or 2nd type II. More than one p-wave makes it 2nd type II.

If your PR interval is Inconsistent, then you either have Wenkebach, or 3rd degree. If the PR gets longer until a QRS is dropped you know what you have. If the opposite is true, you know what you have.

This is helpful...thanks.

How I learned heart blocks...

http://ambulancedriv...duction-system/

To understand blocks in gross terms, that is classic! Not a lot of help where it's most needed though, at the cellular and ECG level, but for what it is, I liked it a lot.

I could see it as a great, first morning of ECG class, introduction...

Dwayne