sooooo paramedic school

sacemt

So I am going to go,I just was wondering ,going to school 7-5 everyday,how do you afford school and bills? i work two jobs and go to school now but i only go twice a week any tips?

It'll be rough, but you just need to budget carefully. Maybe get a roommate if you have enough room. I'm getting it done, and I may be the worst budgeter of all time. If you work for an ambulance service they may offer tuition assistance and they will most likely work around your school schedule since you are going for a higher cert level, just ask a supervisor.

Since I was under 23, FASFA wouldn't give me money for my first attempt, but luckily I was working for an ambulance service, and then a hospital, during P-school. Both were willing to work around schedules. Although there were days I got to class after a 12 hour shift and the day dragged.

For this coming attempt, I'll be 23, so I might be able to get some grants or fed student loans through FASFA. Plus working wherever I can, whenever I can.

Since I was under 23, FASFA wouldn't give me money for my first attempt, but luckily I was working for an ambulance service, and then a hospital, during P-school. Both were willing to work around schedules. Although there were days I got to class after a 12 hour shift and the day dragged.

For this coming attempt, I'll be 23, so I might be able to get some grants or fed student loans through FASFA. Plus working wherever I can, whenever I can.

I get about 2000 from fafsa,and one job i work is at an ambulance company but its sort of perdiem weekends only so itd work but my other job would never scahedule around it,well hopefully AMR will pick me up and let me come work for them

I get about 2000 from fafsa,and one job i work is at an ambulance company but its sort of perdiem weekends only so itd work but my other job would never scahedule around it,well hopefully AMR will pick me up and let me come work for them

From what I have been told about AMR, unless you have a little seniority, don't expect them to work around your schedule at all. Or they might have you sign a contract to work for them for so many years, but pay for school and work around your schedule.

Although if I can get 2k that would pay for one semester fully for tuition (I'm on out of state tuition right now)

What Paramedic program are you going to?

Community college education in California is still very reasonable and a whole Associates degree won't cost that much. A Paramedic cert will be even less. Also, the counselors at the college are generally good at offering suggestions for financial assistance.

I go to american river college, they have a paramedic prgrom which I talked to the director who said that I can start the 12 month program next spring, which I'm very excited about,and as long as I can get both of my jobs to work with me all will be good,but yes I need both jobs to pay for living expenses,which trust me isn't all that much,I just hardly make much,and once I start the program my fin aid will go up to about 3800 a semester so thanks for all the tips guys I'm so excited to start paramedic school,this fall I am taking pre paramedic classes and a and p again then on too starting paramedic program,woo hoo!

• 3 weeks later...

I work for the school so they will pay for about 6 of the credits and for the rest I have to take a school loan. So while I am in Paramedic school I will be paying off the interest and worry about the rest after.

Good luck finding something that works for you.