Miami Medical Most Realistic Medical Show Ever?

spenac

It finally premiered!! Sweet. Will have to see if it's on demand for me... I missed it. I happen to enjoy Bruckheimer's use of storytelling and character development, so I have high hopes for this just from that perspective.

That's me though... CSI junkie...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

If not... it's online...

That's me though... CSI junkie...

Wendy, I am sure we are not the only ones, although for some reason, despite living in New York, I don't enjoy CSI-NY anywhere near as much as the other 2.

I can't say I have seen the show but in residency I did have an attending who was a little full of himself. Whenever he would sucessfully intubate a pt he would flex and "kiss the guns, baby."

Just to throw the thread off topic a little further, CSI Miami has sucked from the beginning (only reason to watch it is the bikinis and even they may not overcome the patheticness of Horatio). CSI Vegas was great but has now jumped the shark. Every case on each episode is somehow linked to every other case on the show. Come on now. As a New Yorker I have a special love for CSI-NY but even that is getting too much for me. Imagine the City of New York could afford some of the crap they get to play with on that show (if it were even to exist).

• Like 1

CSI Miami has sucked from the beginning (only reason to watch it is the bikinis and even they may not overcome the patheticness of Horatio).

So your saying when I get a bad patient my turn of my head while adjusting my shades and saying I will keep them alive is bad medicine? I mean I studied and studied in order to perfect my Horatio moves. I just knew it made patients feel more comfortable with me as a professional. :rolleyes2:

Doc glad to see you been a while. So is it common where you are to just hit the point of to much strip naked and walk out of the ER naked never to return? I mean I understand the feeling that enough is enough and I do not want to do this no more but................

For example recently I had person pinned in upside down car. I crawled in laid in glass with battery acid dripping nearby and worked to keep airway open for more than 20 minutes while fire extricated. But as I was doing it I realized I have had and seen enough. But I did not strip, crawl out, and walk down the highway naked. I finished the call and yes I kept patient alive and patient lived to discharge but being a "hero" just is not enough. I have not left EMS yet but notified the boss that I am considering leaving. I want to go back and run a couple shifts with my old service and see if actually practicing medicine as we had to helps me rekindle my desire to do this job. If that does not work then I may walk away. Probably not but I might. I can still do the job and yes it is just a job not a "calling". Sorry for the off track rant. Rant off.

• Like 1

I have not seen this show yet although I know it is supposed to be modeled after the Ryder Trauma Center (Jackson Memorial Hospital). Here's a decent article about the inspiration for the show.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/miami-medical-rock-1016874.aspx

I also believe most of the filming will be in Southern CA so just like Miami Vice, watch for the sun to set over the Atlantic Ocean on Miami Beach.

The only show I like that is supposed to be Miami based is Dexter. I guess you might say it involves some major surgery or at least the cutting part. Other than the original 1960s Flipper series and The Jackie Gleason Show there hasn't been a decent show made here.

I now have given the show a second chance. Character development needs some work.

Also, if a trauma center doctor finds a person who doesn't realize they had been shot in the back of the neck, seemingly millimeters from the spine, I feel sure that the doc would NOT be having the patient turn their head, instead, they'd be grabbing a hold to maintain in line c-spine stabilization of their newly discovered patient.

As for someone not realizing they had been shot, I recall one of my colleagues at my VAC, who responded to the Eastern Airlines Flight 66 Crash in June of 1975 at JFK, had a piece of aircraft fall on him while he was attempting rescue of patients. He had to be pulled aside and told he had an impaled object sticking out of his back!

Figure that someone realizing he's being shot at, even as he sees people falling from the same shooting, or my friend's impaled object, adrenalin can mask pain. Most of us would know this as "Fight or Flight Syndrome".

• 4 weeks later...

Ohhh I love Dexter. But it pisses me off that I have to watch that, and Nurse Jackie, pirated online now. The cable company dropped Showtime, and replaced it with RFD-TV.

Ohhh I love Dexter. But it pisses me off that I have to watch that, and Nurse Jackie, pirated online now. The cable company dropped Showtime, and replaced it with RFD-TV.

Oh I love Nurse Jackie, but, with the way they have that one single EMT (who apparently has No partner) who is just a total bum kinda miffs me. But, Jackie makes up for that. lol

So I just watched the pilot online, more trashy slop. It's mildly better than Trauma in that Miami Medical does not compel me to hurl a whisky bottle at the telly!

They still advocate the golden hour, mmm there's evidence based medicine, but then again it probably makes Miami-Dade Fire feel important.

Oh and I hate CSI, especially CSI-Miami like that dude fugly!