HEMS down in TN

It breaks my heart to hear about another HEMS crash. This one seems to have been an unnecessary risk that was taken by this crew. When will this stop? Soon I hope..

Everyone stay safe!

Until we do the following two things, then this will still happen

1. NO Chopper Shopping

2. I know this happens many places already but until the crews are not told what the call nature is, this will continue to happen. It's less of a likelihood that a crew will go and get Granny Jones who is 96 years old with an MI but much more likely that they will throw caution to the wind when it's a 5 year old trauma or 10 year old medical patient. Patient condition or call type should not play into their decision making. It should be dispatched as either interfacility or scene flight. That's it.

3. One other - each crew should be empowered to say NO if they don't think it's a good flight. Some services do a majority rules, some do one crew member says no then it's no but others go regardless if the crews object.

when these three things happen we will have a safer flight life but there will still be crashes no matter what happens but they will be less.

contrary to popular opinion, even ontario shops out calls turned down to weather. Medics need to stand up for themselves and "refuse to be abused". Still, very saddened by this tragic news.

Snake

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.