Extra factors in stress... just wondering.

Summit

Hmm?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes external stress or being short on sleep or having something really stressful right before a call can cause something to affect you more than it should? Kind of like the preexisting stuff takes down your normal barriers?

I know that I tend to get myself into A LOT more trouble after about hour 30 without adequate sleep.

It doesn't matter who it is that I am talking too either. My wife/kids/parents/in-laws have all had to deal with some pretty anti-social behavior at one time or another. :twisted:

Very typical of stress. Not to mention that daily expierence can drudge up past expierences in some people. No sleep can definately make me a little grumpy.

Every day is very stressful for me, but when I get home I really take the time to myself and with family to wind down properly. Luckily I do very good with stress and coping.

I've always found there is a difference between good stress and bad stress.

I do my best work under good stress. ie. Insane deadlines, anything to do with search and rescue or patient care.

What grinds me down is the bad stress, of which I seem to have a lot of.

such as no money for bills, messy house, broken car, women troubles, and running out of smokes a week before payday. The real petty meaningless shit.

For myself, I find if I can keep my personal life and finances in some kind of order, good stress doesn't seem to bother me. I feed off it somehow until I can't physically move anymore. But I still feel good.

Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.