ALS Equipment wish list

mobey

The one thing we seem to go through a lot faster than they get restockedd, is the peds SpO2 attachments (the 'bandaid' type that you can wrap around a little one's finger or toe). I love them, since I can put one on a peds' toe and they generally don't notice, but we never seem to carry enopugh in stock.

Mobey, are you guys going direct delivery, or are you still AHS contract? I can send you a list of the meds we carry, and a supply list from our unit. PM me your email, and I can send you some lists.

We use the Pacific Emergency Products trauma bags for now, but since they went belly up, I don't know what our replacements will be when that time comes. I like the Pelican idea.

Hello,

Thermometer.

Temps are not done often in the field. Not a sexy piece of kit but useful.

Cheers

Dave, sounds like you are reading from the book I wrote! :thumbsup:

I call it "the forgotten vital sign"

Mobey, are you guys going direct delivery, or are you still AHS contract? I can send you a list of the meds we carry, and a supply list from our unit. PM me your email, and I can send you some lists.

We are contract-back for now. i balieve we will be adopting the prov protocols now that they are released.

Yaaay... Ketamine

BTW: a list would be great... see PM for email addy!

I had the pleasure of rock_shoes advice just yesterday, (during a post AGM dissection discussion) and now am looking for the medical insert for my beat up 1550 asap.

Go metal L-Scope fiber optic blades the plastic ones are crap for picking up Mr Huge Melon head :blush:

Can't really add too much but experimenting with a 1300 or 1400 for a drug box ... will let you know how that works out.

For Airway and assessment I use a DROP ZONE backpack More specialized for current deployment ie (the boonies) http://www.dropzonetactical.com/backpacks/assaultpack.html

post-8540-12752274932816_thumb.jpg

cheers

No particular order just coming off the top of my head as I stare at the screen.

If you are worried about plastic blades have a look at "Timesco" website, they are UK based but provide metal single use blades and handles. Only thing you keep after a call is the batteries. Better than the plastic ones no sterilisation issues.If they have them over there they should have them here.

GUM bougies are available in at least three sizes right down to peds try to get all of them for the dif airway.

If you do lots of peds calls consider the LMA as they have peds sizes.

Think about a lockable fridge to extend the shelf life of perishable drugs.

A transport syringe pump driver and/or IV pump for meds

EZIO over the FAST as it has a wider age range and multiple sites to use. It even comes with a sternal screw adapter now.

CPAP - reduce the number of tubes you have to do and increase care.

sidestream ETCO2 for both the intubated and non intubated patients

transport vent is a must and will come down to what you/med dir prefer it to do but try to keep it simple to use.

thats all for now sure there is more but the camp cook has just served supper

Congrats on going ALS I hope the transition goes well

• 2 weeks later...

Also voting for EZIO.

For the transport respirator i would vote for Draegers oxylog 3000. Fine piece of technology and pretty easy to use. I really like it.

I would also like to have two syringe pumps on the rig when facing your transport times....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.