Obama's Healthcare Reform

the_rogueEMT

Finally getting the proof that my voice does not matter to my Government hit hard last night. Watching that witch Nancy Pelosi strut in front of protesters with the gavel made me sick. Every single time I heard "this is for Americans" it made my blood boil. I am actually scared, scared for my family, and for my children. I have NO faith or hope, esp. with Obama and Nancy needing the power as much as they do!

IRS agents

*edited to add link about new IRS forms, and agents for new health care

Edited by Lisa O
  • Like 3

With all the government 'give aways' like social security to illegal immigrants, welfare abuse and now this....

It seems that Obama's main goal in his tenure as President is to bankrupt this country! The only 'beneficiaries' of his 'social programs' have been the government, and those that have caused this mess.

Look at his cabinet....there's at least one of the CEO's from the mortgage industry serving there (in addition to their 'golden parachute' severance package).

The whole concept of 'a few hundred billion here,...a few hundred billion there...here a trillion, there a trillion, eee eye eee eye oh' needs to be stopped!

The working class poor can't afford any more of these 'give away programs' that benefit everyone EXCEPT them! We spend billions and trillions of dollars taking care of everyone but those that have to pay for it all.

What kind of 'relief' is it to fine someone who cant afford healthcare in the first place? If health insurance is beyond someone's means, taking more money from them ISNT 'helping them'!

Social Security is in shambles because you only have to 'work' for 4 years as a Senator or Representative, and you qualify for benefits that the working class will NEVER see...

These programs were instituted to take care of the AMERICAN worker after they've 'done their part' for 30 years, not to just hand out to any illegal that can get one 'wet foot on dry land'!

• Like 1

Just for the record I am not cert'd as I said but I do have training as an EMT-B and as such I am still covered by the Good Samaritan Law

Actually, technically, you're covered by Good Sam laws regardless of whether or not your are licensed or certified in anything. If you're working as an EMT-Basic on duty and you render care, you are not protected by the Good Sam Laws. Good Sam Laws are meant to protect off-duty personnel and lay people.

Well, since the vox populi here so far seems to pretty negative about the pending Healthcare reforms then let me re-adress the balance:

I think that it's a travesty that one of the world's richest and powerful countries has waited so long to adopt decent healthcare for all, regardless od socio-economic status.

Shame on you all for opposing this bill. And yes, I'm an outsider. An outsider that pays 52% income-tax to benefit from one of the world's most developed social security systems. No, we are not going to hell in a handcart from all the those free-loading parasites costing us a fortune. I live in a prosperous, caring country.

No-one in the developed world such need to worry about a basic right such as decent healthcare.

You want a strong opinion, you got it!

WM

• Like 3

I think it is a bit early to debate as so much is still unknown about the final bill.

But one thing that is definite no matter which party is in office and no matter what law is passed there will be some people benefit and yet others suffer. That is life as we stand today.

• Like 1

Well, since the vox populi here so far seems to pretty negative about the pending Healthcare reforms then let me re-adress the balance:

I think that it's a travesty that one of the world's richest and powerful countries has waited so long to adopt decent healthcare for all, regardless od socio-economic status.

Shame on you all for opposing this bill. And yes, I'm an outsider. An outsider that pays 52% income-tax to benefit from one of the world's most developed social security systems. No, we are not going to hell in a handcart from all the those free-loading parasites costing us a fortune. I live in a prosperous, caring country.

No-one in the developed world such need to worry about a basic right such as decent healthcare.

WM

No offense, but if our system, society, and health care is so lousy, why are people fighting to COME vs going elsewhere? Why do people come here from all over the world to get state of the art medical care?

You can have "Decent" health care- I'd prefer to have the "best"- with all it's flaws. Instead of fixing the problems, we are blowing up the entire system. FAIL.

• Like 1

WM

You're missing the point here. The point is they defied the will of the people; the overwhelmingly against this bill people. But yes, this bill is terrible for this bill. No one disagrees reform is necessary, but not this bill. Not this bill, in this economy.

• Like 1

You're missing the point here. The point is they defied the will of the people; the overwhelmingly against this bill people. But yes, this bill is terrible for this bill. No one disagrees reform is necessary, but not this bill. Not this bill, in this economy.

...putting down my popcorn to chime in...

I agree whole heartedly with this statement. I don't think anyone anywhere thinks that what we have now is perfect...but what this is proposing isn't "it" either. Instead of pushing another bad idea, let's take the time to define a truly better solution. I'm sorry that our president feels that he has to do this hastily instead of appropriately. What's the rush?

Righ now, people who need medical care can get it regardless of medical insurance or ability to pay, including those who aren't citizens. So, it's not like we are drowning here.

• Like 1

Shame on us for knowing that at the rate our current President and his cronies are going through the government coffers and giving it away to people that haven't contributed a dime, that we can't afford to go futher into debt than we've already been thrown?

Shame on us working class who have been left to pay not only the tab for those who REFUSE to work, but would rather sit back and suck up on the government handouts; as well as pick up the tab for the actions of those that think we're beneath them?

So far, the 'working class stiffs' have had around three TRILLION dollars more debt thrown onto us by the 'governing body'. And you 'shame on us' for crying 'uncle'?

Tell me, why should we be 'comfortable' knowing that if we don't purchase health insurance by 2014 (not even discussing if we can AFFORD to purchase it), we'll be fined for noncompliance. How is that 'helping'?

We, the working class stiffs, can barely afford to keep our houses, and they want to take more of the 'disposable income' that we DON'T have and FORCE us to spend more for things that we can't afford in the first place!

So far, the ONLY ones to benefit from this 'reform bill' is the insurance companies who still rake in BILLIONS of dollars a year in PROFIT, and find every reason under the sun to deny having to pay any of the bills!

It seems that the only people that are getting 'socially stimulated' are those in power, while those of us 'in the ditches' can pretty well do with out.

• Like 2