Obama's Healthcare Reform

the_rogueEMT

For the Record:

1) I am not as well informed on the Healthcare Reform Laws just enacted either as I could and/or should be.

2) I do not condone armed revolt against our government.

3) I am a registered voter, and therefore, I have a choice via the ballot box, and am not afraid to use it.

Do yourself a favor, Richard. There are plenty of sites that offer a summary of the changes this bill will create. I don't know your political affiliation, but if you like the principles this country was founded on, many of these changes will scare the hell out of you.

I don't agree with an armed revolt either, but there are always the lunatic fringes on these things Sadly, most people are simply too lazy to do what's necessary to make the changes we need.

As for the "vote", too many people vote along party lines and enable Congress people to stay in office for 30 or more years. I'm sorry, but NOBODY is that good. What does it say about a district when they feel that for decades, they couldn't find anybody in their district with a better idea than the incumbent?

Term limits, folks. If it's good enough for the POTUS, it should be good enough for Congress- especially since they are actually the ones responsible for how our tax dollars are spent.

• Like 2

2) I do not condone armed revolt against our government.

I do, and they know it. That's why they're poisoning my food.

• Like 2

I think it will make those of us who have to work for a living, broke.. While I may not have health insurance now, because I simply can't afford it, I still don't think I could. They couldn't deny me, because my intestines poke through my abdominal wall ever so slightly. I also feel it will be the end of "little" EMS Services. That's bad for a lot of people who can't afford to be served by big for-profit companies who don't really give a piddly poo about the people. You may have good employees, but with less going to EMS and more to physicians, who aren't going to take a pay cut, the bad will be filtered down through us all.

Oh, and I voted for Obama. I support Obama. I do not support this.. and my local congressman can kiss why pink Irish ass. I would put a bullet through my head, before I'd let the government decide how I handle my health.

I'm neither democrat nor republican, and I'm a member of a party that would draw much criticism.

Furthermore... Oh, who am I kidding. Go peddle your papers in Washington.

Edited by Doctor_Phil
  • Like 2

Term limits, folks. If it's good enough for the POTUS, it should be good enough for Congress- especially since they are actually the ones responsible for how our tax dollars are spent.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg decided he wanted a third term in office, after his predecessor in the office allowed "2 term" term limits in. With total disregard for the voting population, he, and a sizable number of the NYC council, changed the law back to NO limits, and "Mayor Mike", along with those council men and women, got his third term

...I'm a member of a party that would draw much criticism.

That's why I'm an Independent. Nobody can criticise my party!

Myself, I criticise anyone who belongs to any party.

• Like 1