Time Change and Reporting

tcripp

Exactly we went from 0159 to 0300.

Well, to be fair, I just realized that a loophole would be to document time zones since 2am _ST is the same as 3am _DT. Of course how many people actually document time zones on a daily basis? I don't.

Well, to be fair, I just realized that a loophole would be to document time zones since 2am _ST is the same as 3am _DT. Of course how many people actually document time zones on a daily basis? I don't.

I know what is easier we all just move to Arizona and not have time change. :icecream: I really wish we would just drop the pointless changes all together.

Oddly enough this is the first time in the last 3 years I haven't worked the nightshift for time-change. On ambulance that is. I've been working in private industry on oil and gas sites the last couple months. I always use the time the call started until that call is complete then make the change. Then I just make a note on all of my PCR's for the shift which time each was recorded in. I agree it would be best it time change was just eliminated all together.

Going to Eastern Daylight Savings Time, a retired Queens dispatcher for the FDNY EMS EMD used to say, "it's 0159 hours. due to lack of interest, 0200 has been canceled. At the tone, it will be 0300 hours. (BEEP)"

Returning to Eastern Standard Time, the same dispatcher would say "Due to popular demand, the hour of 0200 will now be repeated. At the tone, the time will, again, be 0200 hours. (BEEP)"

I agree it would be best it time change was just eliminated all together.

Arizona does not participate in the Daylight Savings Time concept.

I worked overnight that night, just document in PCR that time changed, especially if the time is going back.

This isn't rocket science. Just put one line on your report that says, daylight savings time change. That's what I did the night of the big change.

And yes there was a 2am it just got downsized to 3am.

This isn't rocket science. Just put one line on your report that says, daylight savings time change. That's what I did the night of the big change.

exactly........

Unpossible. There was no 2am this morning.

0159:59.....0300:00

Since 0300 is 'bigger' 0200, wouldn't it actually have been 'upsized'? (Biggie Sized!)

*Edited to include additional content*

Edited by Lone Star