Some collective ideas for our new forum members?

DwayneEMTP

Wow, haven't been around for a while... just occasional lurking whilst being incredibly busy with life... I have to admit that two years ago I would never have guessed that Dwayne would turn into the City's conscience. I'm impressed... I'd like to think that a couple of our knock-down drag outs had something to do with it. Following your threads over the years... it is a study in psychosocial evolution.

I would like to state in response to someone's post earlier (no disrespect for not quoting it, just not good at it), I think that it is good to sometimes pick fights around here. As long as all sides keep the vitriol to a minimum, fighting something out just to fight something out sometimes yields unexpected information and forms unexpected bonds.

My advice is to take risks... just think them out first. Pick on someone bigger than you. If you notice someone with a bloated reputation number that is probably ill-deserved and obviously sent an extra "payment" to Admin to accumulate it *cough*Dwayne*cough*, then take a run at him with an argument. Just make it good, think it through, and try to use correct sentence structure and punctuation... except for ellipses'... feel free to abuse them without regard to there literary intentions... I do!

Aloha Y'all

• Like 1

Be ready to be belittled and criticized for every tiny thing you may mention. The attitude here is "you are wrong, so we will trash you for it" no matter what. Ignore those people, some of us here are friendly and understand.

I don't know what site your on because it sure the heck isn't this one.....sounds like you have some personal issues with people....

I have to agree with Dwayne on this topic, two thumbs up Dwayne! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I've seen it said many times over the years I've been here; "You don't know what you don't know", and while it seems a rather inane thing to say, I believe it.

In the short time I was in medic class (we all know why I had to drop), I saw that no matter how 'good an EMT' I may have thought I was, I'm no were near where I CAN be.

With that said, when I get back into a medic class, Some of you guys and gals are in BIG trouble! I'll be trying to pick through your collective brains until there's nothing left, and then STILL be asking you to answer questions!

I know I've thrown some really stupid things out there, questioning 'why we've always done this' and thinking I've got the next Nobel Prize winner of a solution....only to have it sliced, diced and pureed so that ALL aspects and ingredients are scrutinized and proven wrong.

I don't take it as a personal attack. I take it as looking at it from all sides, and showing the flaws in the 'solution' so that I may take it back, reanalyze it and submit a better solution to the problem.

I don't think I have all the answers, I'm just as blind as the next person here. Solutions to the 'problems' aren't delivered on lightning bolts from the gods...they're bashed, smashed and decimated to make sure it IS a feasible solution.

My experiences over the last 12+ years in EMS does not prevent me from putting my big fat foot in my mouth, it just helps me recognize the taste of shoe leather when I do it.

Thanks guys and gals, for the learning experiences of the past; as well as the ones in the future. By the way, could someone please pass the salt? Shoe leather is rather bland....

• Like 1

Two quotes I will remember in life:

1 from my former fire chief: "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"

the other we all heard "You learn new stuff everyday"

However I am often redeemed mentally and emotionally when my coworkers who outrank and outcert me ask me questions. And it is not to make fun, but they genuinely feel I have an answer. Always a good feeling.

Either that, or they are testing your knowledge a bit, but either way, sounds good.

Above all, jump in; the water's fine and the piranhas have all been fed (for now)!

As you posted this in February, I think they are hungry again. Something is nibbling on my toes!

Either that, or they are testing your knowledge a bit, but either way, sounds good.

As you posted this in February, I think they are hungry again. Something is nibbling on my toes!

Knowing that your last 3 pair of boots have been seized by the EPA, I really doubt any living creature would be foolish enough to come anywhere NEAR your feet.......

:unsure::wtf2::ph34r:

Knowing that your last 3 pair of boots have been seized by the EPA, I really doubt any living creature would be foolish enough to come anywhere NEAR your feet.......

:unsure::wtf2::ph34r:

Heck, even I don a gas mask when I remove my boots after a 16 hour "double"!