Herniated Discs, Now What?

There is a very very promising new procedure being done in Texas by a physician as an alternative to fusion of vertebraes. I had a friend just undergo the procedure. It took 5 minutes and he is a new man.

I will get the info and provide it to the group to take it to your doctors if you get a injury.

I believe the procedure has to do with combining platelets and fibrinogen (or another substance) and it makes some sort of type of glue. Initially the pain remains but after several months the disks heal themselves and the pain goes away and you are basically healed.

IT is NOT FDA approved nor is it covered by insurance but if you have the cash or means to pay for it then the physician will do the procedure. My friend had the means and he had it done. His injury was in his neck.

I will get the info for this procedure and disseminate it out to the City.

• Like 1

Let me guess, the Biostat system? Not much evidence out there. I believe they have a very limited trial that was just completed. I would be very cautious about these self described miracle cures.

Actually I don't think it's the biostat cure. I'm stil gathering the info Ch.

I'll be sure to eat the words out of my mouth if it is but my friend who underwent the procedure is completely pain free 6 months post procedure so that counts as a cure in my book.

More to follow.

The procedure is out of Texas, is that the reference you are talking about CH?

That procedure was on sixty minutes the other night. While it might show promise, it was stated it will not be FDA approved before 2016 at the earliest.

Anyone who can find a method of relieving chronic back pain caused by degenerative disc issues will be a billionaire.

It's the same for someone who can find a replacement fluid for bursa sacks in joints such as knees. I often thought that injecting a viscous fluid would be much better than surgical repair.

There is a very very promising new procedure being done in Texas by a physician as an alternative to fusion of vertebraes. I had a friend just undergo the procedure. It took 5 minutes and he is a new man.

I will get the info and provide it to the group to take it to your doctors if you get a injury.

I believe the procedure has to do with combining platelets and fibrinogen (or another substance) and it makes some sort of type of glue. Initially the pain remains but after several months the disks heal themselves and the pain goes away and you are basically healed.

IT is NOT FDA approved nor is it covered by insurance but if you have the cash or means to pay for it then the physician will do the procedure. My friend had the means and he had it done. His injury was in his neck.

I will get the info for this procedure and disseminate it out to the City.

Is it Dr. Pauza in Tyler, Texas? I know he and two other docs have jointly applied for a patent like the one you're talking about. Though I don't know more about the success of the procedure, etc. I live in the Houston area and try to keep an ear out for things.

My friend had wonderful results from the North America Spine, at Dallas Texas. A quick google search will get you there.

Don't know the cost but I thinki it's covered by insurance.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend had wonderful results from the North America Spine, at Dallas Texas. A quick google search will get you there.

Don't know the cost but I thinki it's covered by insurance.

I'd read this before I'd run off to North American Spine

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/north-american-spine-c384876.html

• 5 months later...

I'd read this before I'd run off to North American Spine

http://www.complaint...ne-c384876.html

I know there will always be people who have problems with the procedure but there are also success stories as well.

My advice is to do research and not jump into the first group who you go to. What works for one may not work for another. I'm not advocating North american spine, I'm just saying my friend had wonderful results and he's still pain free and it's now over 8 months since the procedure.

Also do not be dazzled by the animation, you need to talk to patients who have gone through the procedure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.