What can your EMT-B's do??

whats the go with this "getting into a chat romm" business???

I dissappear for a few weeks because of lazyness, assessments and more importantly, because of the box set of ponty python DVD's i acquired, and now there is a new joke i dont know anything about! What gives??

Anyway, ill be off, im pining, pining for the fjiords

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Back Bushy,

It's quite simple really, in order to use the chat-room you have to have posted at least 3 times on the site. It's meant to curb the misuse of the chat-room by people who are not interested in the subject matter. So hence the joke about 3 posts.

It obviously does not apply to old hands like you. :lol:

WM

3 times? Admin is getting soft in his old age...

I would have minimum 100 :D

And each post would have to pass Quality Control by the Council Of Elders. :D

And each post would have to pass Quality Control by the Council Of Elders. :D

Indeed... ..... flashy Stethescopes, flashy trauma bags, flashing lights, flashy uniforms, fighting to keep it "volunteer" and flashy badges are forbidden topic of discussion.

Any breaches and your profile is terminated with extreme prejudice :D

...you have to have posted at least 3 times on the site. It's meant to curb the misuse of the chat-room by people who are not interested in the subject matter.

Wha?

There's subject matter in the chatroom pertaining to EMS? :D

Wha?

There's subject matter in the chatroom pertaining to EMS? :D

:sign5:

On occasion there used to be. I haven't visited chat for some time now, so things may have improved :roll:. It doesn't last long though, as most can't answer the questions.

Wha?

There's subject matter in the chatroom pertaining to EMS? :lol:

LOL! That's news to me too!

The EMT City chatroom has radically improved my love life, but I can't say I've learned anything about EMS there.

I work in a rural area in Missouri. I am an EMT basic. In Missouri we are not allowed to do IVs or much of anything else. We can give asprin to a chest pain pt, we can advise the pt to take their own nitro or albuterol inhaler, we can administer oxygen, and we can give simple airways and combi-tubes. It almost seems like they would be just as well off in a private vehicle as a BLS ambulance, I have saved a few lives, but I've also watched a few go. We almost always have an ALS crew within 15 minutes, if we aren't running ALS. I can't imagine an area being only BLS with no ALS near, it just seems stupid. If I was having the problem that you are, my focus wouldn't be to try to be able to do more procedures, intubation and IV, my focus would be to get more paramedics around, not necessarily on every truck, but within a short response time to any area.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.