Interview with God

ptemt

Sorry, my cynicism level is set way to high for that one. Nice pics, though. The first question you ask God is "What surprises you the most about humankind?" What? Who wrote these questions? I have some much better ones than that. Questions like... "Why do men have nipples? What's with toes? Can't you get rid of Pat Robertson?" ahhhh... well... whaddya gonna do.

Speaking of Pat Robertson...News Item:

Administration Distances Itself From Robertson Comment

Religious Leader Calls for Assassination of Venezuelan President

WASHINGTON (Aug. 23, 2005) - The Bush administration swiftly and unequivocally distanced itself Tuesday from a suggestion by religious broadcaster Pat Robertson that American agents assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, a frequent target of U.S. foreign policy.

Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, appearing at a Pentagon news conference, said when asked: "Our department doesn't do that kind of thing. It's against the law. He's a private citizen. Private citizens say all kinds of things all the time."

"This is not the policy of the United States government. We do not share his views."

-Sean McCormack, State Department spokesman

Acknowledging differences with the Caracas government, and saying it should be promoting democracy in the Western Hemisphere, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack called Robertson's remarks "inappropriate."

"This is not the policy of the United States government. We do not share his views," McCormack said in a flat refutation of Robertson's suggestion that the United States "take out" Chavez to stop Venezuela from becoming a "launching pad for communist influence and Muslim extremism."

In Caracas, Vice President Jose Vicente Rangel called Robertson's statement criminal and terrorist. "The ball is in the U.S. court," he said.

Robertson, 75, is a founder of the Christian Coalition of America and a supporter of President Bush, who was elected twice with the solid backing of Christian conservatives.

"I would think that people around the world would take the comments for what they are," McCormack said. "They are the expression of one citizen."

The United States was believed in the past to have been involved in the assassination in 1963 of South Vietnam President Ngo Binh Diem and attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro of Cuba.

Political assassination was put off-limits by former President Gerald R. Ford in an executive order in the mid-1970s.

Rumsfeld said he knew of no consideration ever having been given to assassinating Chavez.

"Not to my knowledge and I would think I would have knowledge," Rumsfeld said.

McCormack said, "Any accusations or any idea that we are planning to take hostile action against Venezuela or the Venezuelan government _ any ideas in that regard _ are totally without fact and baseless."

The spokesman said the administration had urged Venezuela "to play a positive role in the hemisphere" and to have "an open, transparent and positive relationship that you would have between two sovereign states anywhere around the world."

08-23-05 14:23 EDT

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Yeah, that's why he was in my mind, anyway...

It's sad the administration stands by him because of his right wing Christian views. You know if he was a Muslim he'd have bought himself a trip to Gitmo by now. It was bad enough when he suggested that and area of Washington, DC, needed a nuclear device detonated in it. I may not be up on the Bible, but where does it say again Jesus favors assassinations and nuclear devices? Musta missed that one.

• 9 months later...
Yeah, that's why he was in my mind, anyway...

It's sad the administration stands by him because of his right wing Christian views. You know if he was a Muslim he'd have bought himself a trip to Gitmo by now. It was bad enough when he suggested that and area of Washington, DC, needed a nuclear device detonated in it. I may not be up on the Bible, but where does it say again Jesus favors assassinations and nuclear devices? Musta missed that one.

Actually Asys, the same place in the Koran it says that Muhammad is in favor of killing the infidel with a well timed IED. :roll:

i think he edited the interveiw, see, i had interveiwed god the night AFTER pat did, and god had said that pat robertson is a moron, and asked if i could get someone to beat him to death with a peice of paper :dontknow: . oh well, guess that makes me a nut job too, eh? lol. PAT ROBERTSON SHOULD GET A RESERVATION AT THE RUBBER ROOM HOTEL!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.