a little overstressed, I think

thanks bandaid patrol. Nice thought, but not quite reality. At least not in my world. Talk about career suicide - that would be it.

Like I said, in two months I get a break. I am also going to hire some help for my at home duties. Expensive yes, worth it, yes.

If I feel the racing heart thing again, to the Dr. I will go. I am not up to being a statistic.

The Holter Monitor isn't THAT bad, I know I bitched about it, but hey i was complainging about being 21 and on it. You diffenately need those mental health days a little sooner then 2 months from now. Trust me, I put it off for a little over two months before going in to see the doc.

• 4 months later...

i think that's what it is, your just a little overstressed. i would suggest you find an activity to do after you get done with work, for example. an EMT in the resque squad that i am a member of plays in a band outside of work, so basically, i'm saying it might be helpful if you find somesort of hobby you can do when you aren't at work.

LMAO!! :lol:

... and then pray you don't get tapped for a random drug test.

I retired with in 90 days, I wasn't overly concerned. But they haven't done drug testing since the early 80's, and that was a blood test, looking for personnel with AIDS. Mainly because most rigs didn't carry gloves until that point. Even with hepatitis being a threat, I guess they were more concerned about cost saving methods.

Were we less expensive to lose than a few million pairs of gloves each year? I guess so.

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with stress: pediatric call, 15 years in the field, took a cut in pay to get off the truck, 10k damage to the house from a hurricane and fighting with the insurance company, illness & death in the family, bills.

The doctor ended up putting me on 4 blood pressure medications...still had a problem...prescribed xanax.

Checked the BP a few minutes ago 172/114...oh well, one call thats all......

Get some valium. I got some.. from Mexico via the internet..

NOPE: Don't do this..... In fact Benzodiazapines can cause depression on there own, medications really don't solve the root problems at all they can spiral and complicte the real issues. Try mild excersise, walk, play with the kids but don't sit on yer ass letting time pass on, Life IS Good.

Just hazarding a guess here have you looked at your caffeine levels , pop chocolate....COFFEE perhaps?

Hey......Try St. John's Wart.....I have no idea if it workes but it so cool to say.

Cheers

squint

I know exactly houw you feel!!! I have four kids, full time job, little league (you know, crazy life w/kids). I have the days when I just want to jump in my car and drive until I hit the ocean (I live in New York and I ain't heading EAST!!). I found that walking is GREAT therapy. Get a can of pepper spray, a walkman (BOY, am I old) or what-have you and play good old fashion rock n roll REALLY LOUD!! The walking will make you feel bettern, you'll start singing along w/the music (headphones are so you can't hear yourself, or anyone yelling at you to shut up) and wait for the endorphins to take you over!! Not only will you feel better, It will help w/keeping in shape!

Just a little food for thought, and if all else fails, call in for a mental health day!!!

Feel Better!!

a walkman (BOY, am I old)

Yes indead you are!

I believe they are called ipods now..... but this is good advice and even better if you sing in front of the Kids.....they scatter like chickens when I start to whail........Dad Dad stop that noise......te he.

squint

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.