iPad, what do you think?

chbare

I think Apple needs to give us poor working people a break and give us icash, a handheld cash machine to pay for all their stuff!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Well I have naver had a iphone ATT is crappy in the area I live in so I dont know what all the hype about them are, but now the ipods my sons have them from the begining when they started with the simple one to date to the touch. I am just breathing a sigh of relief they dont want the Ipad! whistle.gif

It looks like a massive cell phone. Too much to accidentally touch and screw the whole thing up, as I recently discovered. I can dial, by just shifting in my seat, no matter where the phone is on my person.

I don't watch MadTv, but saw that commercial on a different site. So is the iPad better with or without wings?

From what I've been told, 'four wall construction' is the way to go.......

It looks like a massive cell phone. Too much to accidentally touch and screw the whole thing up, as I recently discovered. I can dial, by just shifting in my seat, no matter where the phone is on my person.

CH is a 'butt dialer'!!!

As far as the ipad goes, congratulations to Steve Jobs and the 'apple orchard' for creating the world's largest iphone that won't make calls and won't fit into your pocket!

I wonder if that comes with a handy belt clip like their phones do? :unsure:

• Like 1

I happen to like the iPad, and think it will do great things for EMS.

When Apple Released the....

1) ...iMac every hated it. It had USB, and didn't work with older Macintosh systems. Where is the FLOPPY Drive!

2...1st generation iPod - everyone hated it. Mp3 player are a dead market and the music industry will never support it.

3)...iPhone - Who needs a PDA and a Phone, Plus it has no key pad!

4)....iPad - History repeats itself and Apple has a hit.

I think people spend too much time looking at how they use Tech. now and not how they will use it in the future. The tools that Apple creates today will be mainstream in a couple of years. If it wasn't for Apple we would still be using a floppy drive in our computers and listening to music on CDs. I think that the iPad has laid a solid foundation to build on and to create better products. Yes the 2nd generation is always better then the first. I am excited for this digital future that doesn't use paper, no jump drives, or DVD/Blueray disks.

John Bignell

EMSLive.com

When Apple Released the....

1) ...iMac every hated it. It had USB, and didn't work with older Macintosh systems. Where is the FLOPPY Drive!

2...1st generation iPod - everyone hated it. Mp3 player are a dead market and the music industry will never support it.

3)...iPhone - Who needs a PDA and a Phone, Plus it has no key pad!

4)....iPad - History repeats itself and Apple has a hit.

I think people spend too much time looking at how they use Tech. now and not how they will use it in the future. The tools that Apple creates today will be mainstream in a couple of years. If it wasn't for Apple we would still be using a floppy drive in our computers and listening to music on CDs. I think that the iPad has laid a solid foundation to build on and to create better products. Yes the 2nd generation is always better then the first. I am excited for this digital future that doesn't use paper, no jump drives, or DVD/Blueray disks.

John Bignell

EMSLive.com

The ipad is THE PAST. Look at its "capabilities". It's old technology, just on a bigger piece of plastic.

I think the iPad is going to fail. It's too much of a niche market. Sure, you will always get the "gotta have it" people, and apple fan boys. But as for mainstream penetration, I don't think it will be the force that the iPod/iPhone is. It is simply not different enough, especially with the new iPhone that will likely be released soon after the iPad. The only way that I can see it becoming mainstream is if the 3G version can act as a phone (with BT or speaker phone only) and will be subsidized by providers. That and they probably should have had "Snow Leopard" and not the iPhone operating system.

EMS applications? No way. Even if it was "military speced", it is all proprietary.

And LOL @ Steve Jobs wetting is pants about how "great" the web browsing is... No flash support? Phfffft....

• Like 1

Just how is this going to 'do great things for EMS'? Will we be able to 'point and scan' like the tricorders do on Star Trek?

Will it record, analyze and transmit EKG strips to the recieving facility?

Since it's iPhone technology, does that mean that iPhone will open a .pdf or other forms?

Will we be able to use it instead of a MDT for dispatch?

Will it suddenly spit out some revolutionary new treatment methods that will automatically heal our patients?

Does it have Xray, CT or MRI technology?

Let's be honest here, it's nothing more than just another 'gadget' that will take up space and allow web browsing between calls and not much more. Oh wait! It has the built in 'paperweight app' so it can call itself 'functional'!

It doesn't even have 'stereo capability' so it fails as a .mp3 player!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.