iPad, what do you think?

chbare

So, we had our first iPad impression today. What do you think? Frankly, I am underwhelmed.

No camera.

iPod/Phone based OS

No Flash plugin

No removable battery

No multiple running apications

No support for Verizon 3G

64 GB memory max

What we have here is a tablet sized first generation iPod touch.

My guess is after Apple makes their money selling this, they will introduce updated versions with the cool features and rake in more money. As an iPhone user, I am getting sick and tired of this tactic. Sorry to be a hater Apple, prove me wrong.

Take care,

chbare.

• Like 2

I'm with you. I am really disappointed in Apple today. I was an iphone user but stopped because I never had signal anywhere and my battery was crappy.

I was really looking forward to the tablet thinking it would be like a tablet PC and allow me to take notes on it and create word documents, I wish it was more like a laptop and less like the iphone.

I'm really quite bummed about this one and I'm usually all about apple products.

So, we had our first iPad impression today. What do you think? Frankly, I am underwhelmed.

No camera.

iPod/Phone based OS

No Flash plugin

No removable battery

No multiple running apications

No support for Verizon 3G

64 GB memory max

What we have here is a tablet sized first generation iPod touch.

My guess is after Apple makes their money selling this, they will introduce updated versions with the cool features and rake in more money. As an iPhone user, I am getting sick and tired of this tactic. Sorry to be a hater Apple, prove me wrong.

Take care,

chbare.

My thoughts exactly! I spend $300 on my netbook and modded it for a fully integrated touch screen. Also adding blue tooth, GPS, and wireless mouth all internally. With a 9cell battery it will last around 8hrs without being plugged in.

Along with having a 300gb HD, 4gb ram, and an upgraded wifi card. Using three USB ports on the outside I can plug many things in too, along with flash drive to boot from into a different OS if I wanted to. It's tons better than the ipad is now or will be for a long time. If I had in a broadband card, it would be unstoppable.

I don't watch MadTv, but saw that commercial on a different site. So is the iPad better with or without wings?

I think it's a comfort thing...

LMAO I actually thought the same thing when I first heard what they're calling it! Someone didn't put much thought into it!

Apple knows all too well what they are doing. Tons of morons will go out and buy that piece of crap because its the newest coolest polished piece of crap out there. Shortly after, they will announce a release of a new one fixing "some" of what's wrong with the current one. Then all those same idiot will go buy the "new and improved" one. Then a new one will be /released yet again, this time making it almost functionable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.