Whats up everyone?

KyleKIR

Hey everyone..

I'm Kyle im 19 and I am from Las Vegas, Nv.

I've always been interested in becoming an EMT so thought why not join here and read the forums see what I can learn & hear some stories. I find it inspiring reading things on sites like this. Good motivation for me.

so im still really new to the whole EMT thing. I haven't taken classes or anything. Right now im looking at EMT classes I could take soon through AMR or Medic West maybe even NCTI not sure yet. not going to college either so hope it wont hurt.

though I hear I can/should take a community college course for anatomy/physiology

do you guys have any stories how you got started or any of you not go to college for this and just took the classes like I want to do?

not sure what to say wanna get to know me feel free to do so. I like talking to people esp EMTs who are willing to talk. Wish I could find a mentor or something in Vegas that'd be great.

I frequent the nickel slots at the Bellagio whenever possible but heck I much perfer the Circus in Reno. I'm just a sucker for an arch.

Stay away fron NCTI like you'd stay away from the strip north of Freemont Street. my ear to the ground tells me it's a cookbook whacker mill.

CSNV has a good program and it's accredited by CoAEMSP.

Take A&P, patho, pharm, English and scientific reasearch methods before EMT and you will be 1000% more prepared than the North Las Vegas firemonkeys who everything will be watered down to accomidate.

MedicWest is owned by AMR or the other way around anyway.

Welcome Kyle,

I am also new here and wanted to welcome you to the group. I hope you get some great information since your just starting out. I have only been an EMT for 7 months or so and still feel very new and learn something new almost every call. If I could offer any advice is always stay positive. I personally went into my EMT course with just my H.S. education I didn't have any college under my belt(I wish I did). I would listen to kiwimedics plan, the more education the better you will do in your EMT class and it will benefit you in the future in this field. I hope everything works out for you and good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.