23y/o male c/c lack of experience

WigWag

Hi I am an EMT in so cal and have been working on BLS and ALS transfers for about 7 months. I have gained great experience and learned a good amount in that time. I am starting a new job and will get the opportunity to assist fire in a 911 setting. I am really pumped for the change of pace and hope to learn quickly. I am excited to be here and look forward to all your opinions and information. Any advice from you would be helpful to help prepare me for the change from IFT to 911.

Hi I am an EMT in so cal and have been working on BLS and ALS transfers for about 7 months. I have gained great experience and learned a good amount in that time. I am starting a new job and will get the opportunity to assist fire in a 911 setting. I am really pumped for the change of pace and hope to learn quickly. I am excited to be here and look forward to all your opinions and information. Any advice from you would be helpful to help prepare me for the change from IFT to 911.

Welcome to the surf and turf......surf for the knowledge and protect your turf. Hope you gain invaluable insight from the great posters here.

Welcome to the surf and turf......surf for the knowledge and protect your turf. Hope you gain invaluable insight from the great posters here.

Thanks for the advice and I like the Warning at the bottom of your reply!

Hey Wig wag,

Welcome ! Glad to see you've gotten your feet wet and are ready to wade a little deeper. We promise not to drowned you. That being said, 911 is a different ballgame, but I think you'll enjoy it. You don't mention whether you are urban or rural, as sometimes rural 911 feels like a transfer service :shifty: . Take care, jump right in and enjoy !

Hey Wig wag,

Welcome ! Glad to see you've gotten your feet wet and are ready to wade a little deeper. We promise not to drowned you. That being said, 911 is a different ballgame, but I think you'll enjoy it. You don't mention whether you are urban or rural, as sometimes rural 911 feels like a transfer service :shifty: . Take care, jump right in and enjoy !

Thanks for the reply... I am excited and have heard how different 911 can be and I know that I will love the change. I will be working in an urban area, I haver respect for rural ems workers and appreciate how close my hospitals are.

Thanks for the reply... I am excited and have heard how different 911 can be and I know that I will love the change. I will be working in an urban area, I haver respect for rural ems workers and appreciate how close my hospitals are.

Each has it's own challenges as many here have stated. Two very different worlds and some prefer better than others. I did urban time for a bit just to see how I'd like it and decided after a bit that I loved my long transports and middle of nowhere to praying that I didn't run over a pedestrian or end up lost in the ghetto. Be safe, keep your ears and eyes open, and :punk: with your bad self !

Welcome WigWag I am sure that you will find this site very helpful. Congrats on the new job and moving into the 911 world, hope you enjoy it.

Thank you firemedic , the site is great and has been very interesting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.