'Dead' man found alive in coffin after bee attack

aussiephil

I never thought about the pacemaker thing.

As for bee venom, there have been studies that say people who have experienced multiple stings have enjoyed various health benefits. I seem to also recall reading about people who intentionally get stung to get relief from things like arthritis. As a matter of fact, I just saw a recent story about a woman who was in anaphylactic shock and nearly died after multiple stings. She spent time in the ICU and when she woke up and fully recovered, she realized that her joints that were stiff, sore, and achy (knees, ankles, hands, etc) were free of arthritis.

I don't know if it's some inherent properties of the venom itself or the result of some immune system changes, but it's pretty interesting stuff.

I have heard similar with MS patients - interesting phenomenon definitely worth looking into ! Perhaps an intentional bee sting will be the medicine of the future for certain patients who knows?

Hey, git off your keester and develop/market this stuff for all the arthritis sufferers. You could bee-come a millionaire!

LMAO

Yeah, but the clinical trials would really suck. I don't care how much money you offer someone, I highly doubt the lure of a few bucks would be enough to get someone to willingly be stung dozens of times by bees. It seems that it takes near fatal doses of that venom to offer the relief, so I'm thinking there would also be a very slim margin for error and more than a few "oops" cases.

Poor college students are only willing to put up with so much in the name of beer money...

I have heard similar with MS patients - interesting phenomenon definitely worth looking into ! Perhaps an intentional bee sting will be the medicine of the future for certain patients who knows?

Great. Does this mean I need to look for a place on my rig for yet another piece of equipment?

\\\ Wonders where on earth I would put that bee hive...

Poor college students are only willing to put up with so much in the name of beer money...

Isn't that what Paramedic Students are used for? Heck, they need the money for the beer and the books. I think it would be a great slogan......."BEE STINGS FOR BEER!" beer.gif

Oh man, Richard and his BITING sense of humor are at it again! He seems to have left this one STINGING after stirring up a virtual bees nest! I'm begining to think that his brain is a HIVE of activity, with these random puns and thoughts just BUZZING around until an opportunity comes along. I really hope he doesn't try to become a PEST with it!

Lone Star, I hope that is the limit of your stinging commentary. I'm just buzzing in anticipation of the described next opportunity. What is the matter with you, got a bee in your bonnet? Don't worry, I'm not bugged by it.

FYI, the Bumblebee (the insect, not the Transformer) is aerodynamically incompatible for flight, as the body is too big for the available wing surface to provide lift. However, nobody bothered to tell the bumblebee, who just flew away.

Edited by Richard B the EMT
  • Like 1

Lone Star, I hope that is the limit of your stinging commentary. I'm just buzzing in anticipation of the described next opportunity. What is the matter with you, got a bee in your bonnet? Don't worry, I'm not bugged by it.

Well played indeed, sir! :thumbsup::beer: I have been trounced soundly, and handily dispatched!

On this subject, I shall concede defeat. I take my hat off to you, sir, for I have been bested. (Lone Star >) :pc:

There will be other opportunities, and we shall again meet upon the field of battle.

(Richard>) :fish: (<Lone Star)