Has anyone else had to submit hard copies of certificates to the NR

TheOldMan

My National Registry card expires on March 31, 2010. I completed the online portion of my recertification, my training officer verified my training electronically, had my medical director sign his part. Today I get a letter stating my "registration is being returned", the National Registry is wanting copies of all my certificates for my 48 hour refresher training. I mailed in copies my ACLS card, BLS card, PALS card, PEPP card, PHTLS card, ITLS card and a copy of my state EMS education record with my printed application with the correct signatures. My question is: Has the National Registry asked anyone here for copies of certificates, or a current valid card been sufficient?

P.S. I had more than sufficient hours to cover my education hours, I am not trying to "cover" anything up, or fudge hours.

I was under the impression with the online submission, when my STO validated the hours by "electronically signing" his portion of the form, that would be sufficient. I sent them copies of my cards, I did not get a course certificate with my ALS, PHTLS, etc. and apparently a valid card did not suit the needs of the National Registry. I guess it's just sour grapes on my part. None, and I mean none, of the other National Registry Paramedics I work with have ever had to submit copies of their course certificates, valid cards, and a signature of our STO had been approved.

Edit-I can mail them two years worth of certificates, but that would be the size of a small paperback book.

Edited by TheOldMan

The last time I recerted my registry, they had a comment on there to send copies of all paperwork. I ended up sending them an obscene amount of material as I had a ridiculous amount of CEU's as well during that two year period. It's standard now to send copies of all the certificates and/or training hours. I've always maintained and processed my own, then just had the signatures signed off on. But then again, there is that fantastic little thing called random audits too and your number may have just come up, but I have a feeling they just neglected to send in the copies.

Oldman,

Welcome to the NR. You got audited......

Is it supposed to be random, but I have been audited twice. Once as an EMT-B, and once as a Paramedic. It happens. The only people that really ever seem to have problems are those that pencil whip their forms. Which in your case, is not the case........lol

Welcome to the NR. You got audited......

Exactly. It's been happening for years. Although, I bet that it is much more common in the electronic age. In the pre-CBT days, recerts were done by mail, so a lot of people just submitted hard copies anyhow, even if not required. I usually did, and this prevented a lot of audits, I suspect.

Don't feel picked on. It's just random.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.