Patch Location

EMT Zombie

I got my Basic patch sent to me yesterday, and in the letter I received it said that you can only wear the patch based on NREMT policies. I can't find these policies anywhere. Can anyone tell me the rules for that?

I never wore a patch until I was employed and then I followed my employer's guidelines.

Go to Wal Mart, buy a nice frame holder for your certificate and insert the patch in there.

Congrats on passing!

It goes on the right shoulder below your state patch. That was what was in the instructions when I got mine. However, that was ages ago ! I've not worn mine though ever as every employer I've had has had us place patches on both shoulders and didn't want anything below 'em.

I highly suggest what AK said - that keeps it from getting lost. A word to the wise though - keep your certs up because they are a pain to get back if you drop them and it is a little easier to move around with NREMT than without. Look forward to seeing you on the streets ! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah, usually you follow the departmental policies on patch placement. I've seen everything placed everywhere. Watch out for those sew it on their underwear!

Awww were you so excited when you got yours P that you ordered NREMT boxers? HEHE

Most of the agencies I have worked for, or volunteered for, call for the departmental patch to be on the left sleeve, one inch below the shoulder seam, and the level of training patch to be on the right sleeve, also one inch below the shoulder seam. In both cases, the patches were to be equidistant from the front and back of the sleeve.

If the agency has title patches like "Tech", "MVO", "Dispatcher", "Hurst Tool Qualified", and what not, you'll be told on which side to put them, lined up with the agency or training patches, most likely at either 1/4 or 1/2 inch intervals.

Some agencies also use label type patches, mounted 1/2 inch above either the left or right breast pocket, or both. My FDNY uniform is with "EMT" over the right pocket, "FDNY" over the left, in white block lettering on navy blue patches. The fire fighters have theirs embroidered on, with their last names over the right pocket, and "FDNY" over the left, in red. The shirts themselves are Navy blue in both cases.

This is a topic that can go on forever, there are numerous ways that you can place your patch on your uniform. Follow what your service does and if they don't have a set guideline then do as you please.

My services have the National Registery patch on the left shoulder with the service patch on the right shoulder and any State patches on the chest if so desired or on the left shoulder if you do not hold National Registery certification. I have seen the other way too.

Personally I prefer only on the shoulders and National Registery since my State is a Registery State.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.