Non-english EMT test in USA?

tamaith

I have a question to everyone in pennsylvania. I heard a rumor at work that non enlgish speaking emt b students are allowed to take the exam in their native language. I have come across several emt b's that only know a handful of words in english. They will ask questions such as what is a blood pressure cuff? what is a pulse? which leads me to think that the rumor may be true. Does anyone know any truth to this horrific rumor? Thank you

Edited by EMT City Administrator
Title edited.

Yes that is the link - but finding the person to get a right answer may be a whole different story. Had that fun experience with PA myself. They seem to find humor in circulating you around the office only to end up back at the original person you spoke with. Would be amazing if people that had titles actually DID what those titles said ! What a novel idea.

Sorry for the grouchiness coming through, just still playing with paperwork. :thumbsdown: for your process PA !

Interesting question. I know that when I read the NREMT test questions, I often wonder if they were written by someone who speaks English.

• Like 3

Ha! Agree with Dustdevil!

Personally, since being able to speak and write English is (or should be) a prerequisite for providing EMS in the USA, I don't see why the test should be in any other language. The test is a test in itself as to whether the testee (can I say that here?) understands the language.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.