Its persecution I tell you

aussiephil

British nude hiker threatened with life behind bars

British nude hiker threatened with life behind bars From: NewsCore January 13, 2010 11:48PM Increase Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmail Share

Add to DiggAdd to del.icio.usAdd to FacebookAdd to KwoffAdd to MyspaceAdd to NewsvineWhat are these?BRITISH naked hiker Stephen Gough was warned he could spend the rest of his life in jail unless he puts on some clothes.

Mr Gough, 50, was found guilty of breaching the peace after being arrested seconds after leaving Perth Prison in Scotland naked last month, having just finished a 12 month sentence for the same offense.

The former Royal Marine, who is famed for his naked hikes, has spent most of the past seven years behind bars for repeatedly appearing nude in public.

Mr Gough, who conducted his defense naked at Perth court Tuesday, turned down an offer to walk free if he got dressed.

Remanding him in custody, judge Lindsay Foulis warned: "When the day comes for you to be released, you will be apprehended and the same process gone through again.”

Mr Gough from Hampshire, South England, said he accepted he could potentially remain in jail forever.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"I believe I'm behaving in a reasonable way," he said. "This is about individual freedom."

Sentencing was deferred pending psychological and psychiatric reports

Blame society. Society has decreed there is no limit as to how much clothing we can put on to remain warm when it is cold, but does decree that there is a limit how much we can remove in warm or hot weather.