I know, I know, this is an EMS forum

fireflymedic

Just when I thought I had seen it all - there's this

PETA wants to roast KFC in ads on city fire trucks

By CHARLES WILSON - Associated Press Writer INDIANAPOLIS --

An animal rights group figures if KFC can use fire extinguishers to promote its chicken in Indianapolis, it should be able to denounce cruelty to the birds on city fire trucks.

People for the Ethical Treatment for Animals made the $7,500 offer in a letter to Mayor Greg Ballard after the fast-food chain announced a deal this week to help pay for fire extinguishers and smoke detectors for the city in exchange for advertising on them.

The ad proposed by PETA shows a plucked and scalded chicken alongside the taglines "Chickens Are Burned To Death At KFC" and "Boycott Cruelty." PETA claims many KFC chickens are scalded to death during processing at the slaughterhouse.

A spokeswoman for the mayor questions the propriety of placing advertising on public safety vehicles.

So here's my question is this what Indy fire will be sporting this fire prevention season?

25jgiko.jpg

ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT BURNING DINNER

• Like 1

LOL..

on a more serious note, I would think that the FD would shy away from libelous statements on the sides of their vehicles. I think PETA would have difficult proving the "Chickens are burned to death at KFC" statement. Imagine the publicity tho... Here in the land of the free and the stupid law suits.

Ive seen some local fire trucks around here at Subways, KFC, and the such. I wonder just how wrong, i.e. funny, it would be if one of these trucks pulled up at KFC with the PETA ad on the side...lol

YEP ! It would be funny and I would be the first to do it ! :devilish:

*I wonder if I will start getting negative votes now lol

Nope, just gave ya a plus !

• Like 2

Once again, I remind everyone here of the OTHER PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals!

That's the PETA I'm a member of - piped up with that one day in class and instructor started laughin so hard he couldn't stop ! Talk about some fun times !

Just don't eat the penguins!!!!

unless they're really really tasty

Now, now penguins don't eat their young ! We're a friendly lot ! No worries on that one - mumble, gloria, and all their friends are safe (especially Lovelace - that crazy one with the pepsi 6 pack thing stuck around it's neck - kinda reminds me of kiwi combined with AK :lol:)

While this whole idea is ludicrous and hilarious on the part of PETA. I do find the notion of advertising a fast food company on fire safety equipment to be equally or more offensive. Kind of reminds me of that line in the movie "Idiocracy," where the federal government employee ends all of his statements and remarks with "brought to you by Carl's Jr."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.