A good watch

Mario1105

It works the same way as a tachymeter does on a stopwatch. The meter for pulsations is on the right side, and respirations is on the left. When one of the second hands (this is why there are four) reaches the arrow at the top, you begin counting the pulses. When you reach 15 pulses, you look at where the hand is pointing on the scale on the bezel to the right and it tells you their heart rate. The green zone shows the normal range of 60-100 bpm.

For respirations, it's the same thing except that you start from the bottom arrow, count to five respirations and then use the scale on the left side of the bezel.

There have been these pulsemeter watches for a long time actually and they're also known as "Doctor's watches"

Another example is the Ball Watches "Doctor's Chronograph" which is a $14,000 watch. Click here for a picture of it.

Also take a look at this page for some interesting antique Doctor's watches.

Edited by treaux

I agree on the Citizen Eco-Drive. I've had one for the past 12 years that has become my beater/work watch and has served me well. I recommend the perpetual calendar as you'll never have to set the date again!

However, on the novelty side, I do have a St Gallen rescue which I wear at work regularly. It has a pulse and respiration meter on the bezel and I've actually found myself using it at work instead of the old count and multiply trick. The other benefits of the watch are that it's "Disinfectable" in that there are no hinges or joints were dirt/blood/nastiness can collect. I'll try to take some pictures of it. It's more of a collectors watch though as it has a swiss ETA movement which puts it in a higher-than-reasonable price bracket. I collect watches though, so I had to have one.

ml_image.573976.jpg

Call me a "whacker" as I know you guys might, but I'm more of a watch whacker than an ems whacker :P

see i would love a watch like this if it wasnt 1500

OUCH ! That price is a wee bit painful ! Hope it holds up nicely for you !

so i started a check list for what i need for when i buy my watch. let me know if i need to add anything

analog with digital capabilities

stop watch

date

back light

durable

water resist min of 200m can work with 100 but would like 200 for maxim scrub-age

some type of band to keep the nasty germs away (any suggestions)?

anything else im missing?

Edited by Mario1105

Well start saving your pennies NOW maybe by the time you get to the burn out point due to low pay of the EMS worker you might have saved up half it.. :whistle:

I agree nice watch but way to pricey. Your check list looks good so far mario, The bands as you can tell we dont agree on so looks like you are on your own on that one!

But If you get a good leather band you can wipe them down with alcholol preps or peroxide. But good luck on your hunt for the perfect watch.

Well start saving your pennies NOW maybe by the time you get to the burn out point due to low pay of the EMS worker you might have saved up half it.. :whistle:

I agree nice watch but way to pricey. Your check list looks good so far mario, The bands as you can tell we dont agree on so looks like you are on your own on that one!

But If you get a good leather band you can wipe them down with alcholol preps or peroxide. But good luck on your hunt for the perfect watch.

hmm well now i have a strap :) so now i just need to find that watch heheh

I am a huge fan of Swiss Army WENGER ... this is mine, really bullet proof :ph34r:

I have tried to break it as an excuse to get a new flashier one but that hasn't happened in 7 years and it has never been off my wrist for anything. Battery lasts about 3 years, the metal band for easier washing as it drys way faster after washing than fabric/ velcro, I have even soaked in alcohol and betadine too.

post-8540-12620608399516_thumb.jpg

Edited by tniuqs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.