A good watch

Mario1105

I have a Ex Time Extreme Watch that I use for nursing and EMS. Not to sound like a whacker but it clips onto your belt clip, it's out of the way, there's no issue with infection control, it has a LED light and it's durable but a little on the expensive side.

http://www.nursestuff.com.au/ex-time-extreme-watch-4

I wore this one from Target for 6 months until today:

ProSpirit® Fastwrap Digital Analog Sports Watch - Black $12.99

512P3mfe1WL._AA400_.jpg

But soon after I bought it the second hand broke and just free-spun around. It wasn't a big deal since the digital seconds still worked. I go for a watch that has both analog and digital abilities. Analog is good for a quick glance at the time, and digital is good b/c I keep in in 24hr time to make report writing and telling time at work easier. Haha.

Then today I bought a similar looking one from Walmart that is hopefully a bit beefier and will hold up. I like Velcro bands, but they do have a tendency to collect some funky smells after awhile.

I wore this one from Target for 6 months until today:

ProSpirit® Fastwrap Digital Analog Sports Watch - Black $12.99

512P3mfe1WL._AA400_.jpg

But soon after I bought it the second hand broke and just free-spun around. It wasn't a big deal since the digital seconds still worked. I go for a watch that has both analog and digital abilities. Analog is good for a quick glance at the time, and digital is good b/c I keep in in 24hr time to make report writing and telling time at work easier. Haha.

Then today I bought a similar looking one from Walmart that is hopefully a bit beefier and will hold up. I like Velcro bands, but they do have a tendency to collect some funky smells after awhile.

I like that !

I have found that the best watch is the one my partner is wearing. It costs me nothing and I don't have to worry about germs.

True that - except when you have a partner that constantly forgets to wear theirs ! Then it poses a minor problem. <_<

I agree on the Citizen Eco-Drive. I've had one for the past 12 years that has become my beater/work watch and has served me well. I recommend the perpetual calendar as you'll never have to set the date again!

However, on the novelty side, I do have a St Gallen rescue which I wear at work regularly. It has a pulse and respiration meter on the bezel and I've actually found myself using it at work instead of the old count and multiply trick. The other benefits of the watch are that it's "Disinfectable" in that there are no hinges or joints were dirt/blood/nastiness can collect. I'll try to take some pictures of it. It's more of a collectors watch though as it has a swiss ETA movement which puts it in a higher-than-reasonable price bracket. I collect watches though, so I had to have one.

ml_image.573976.jpg

Call me a "whacker" as I know you guys might, but I'm more of a watch whacker than an ems whacker :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.