A good watch

Mario1105

My personal thought is that you get what you pay for. With that in mind, my personal recommendation is a Citizen Eco-Drive. Very durable, you never have to worry about replacing the battery, and most come with a perpetual calandar that never needs to be set. You will also find that the lume is great and lasts for hours. I have two that I wear in the field (Nighthawk and Calibre 3100), one of which i've worn for 6 years without an issue (Nighthawk). The best quality for the price IMHO.

• Like 1

I'm on the flip side of flight-lp there. I buy the cheaper digital watches from walmart that you can easily replace the bands on as I love the velcro bands. Extremely comfortable and durable, and if they get too nasty, can be disposed of and easily replaced. I've not had a problem with the timex's and found they last fairly adequately. Also, I have no complaint with the illumination at night. The one I have now has lasted about 3 years and I've had that thing submerged and everything else and it still works great (go 9.72 walmart watch !). On the contrary, I have a nice watch that was purchased for me several years ago for christmas and unfortunately I've had to replace the battery multiple times, and the leather band is specialty, so it's difficult to find a replacement size, so needless to say, it's never worn to work. And it does not illuminate either.

For me, it's more about comfort and function. The timex I have for work has the comfortable velcro band, reasonable size face (I don't like the very large faces), is digital, very durable, and easily replaceable band - all important in my book. I'm sure others have had bad experiences with them, but I've been content with what I have.

I have the citizen eco-drive for women... it is wonderful!! I got it for my birthday and it has held up very nicely both at work and for every-day wear. The face is scratched up some but only noticeable if you look at it from the side. It also has the date where the 3 should be. Very functional and when I've gotten blood on it, which was only once as we had long-cuff gloves, a disinfectant towel from the hospital cleaned it right up.

I have the citizen eco-drive for women... it is wonderful!! I got it for my birthday and it has held up very nicely both at work and for every-day wear. The face is scratched up some but only noticeable if you look at it from the side. It also has the date where the 3 should be. Very functional and when I've gotten blood on it, which was only once as we had long-cuff gloves, a disinfectant towel from the hospital cleaned it right up.

Hmmm, might have to look into it then.

A watch is a personal choice. It should be functional with being easy to clean and I prefer the band not to conduct heat. It should be easy to see for your work environment and eyesight. It should stand up well to your work environment. I live, work and play around water so being water proof is a plus. I also don't like to switch watches a lot between work and play. The times I do change are for those occasions when only a Rolex will do to go with the shoes.

Edited by VentMedic
  • Like 2

It has served me well smile.gif

http://www.citizenwa...mber=EW0620-52E

That's the one I have.

Thats a cute watch. I personally cant handle the feel of a watch on me. But, I figure I will learn to get over that fast..lol Has any PT ever tried to steal it? Do you wear rings / earings when you work?

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.