FDNY EMT"s at it again !

tskstorm

I think it is great that he did it, good positive publicity when too many times we (EMS) are only in the news for all the wrong reasons.

I am a little confused though. The headline says

but further on it says .

Without being critical of the actions of this man, it would have been painful either way, but why cant meadia outlets get it right. Last time I checked, there was a big difference between the two.

I too was confused by that....

One has to wonder if his motives were altoether altruistic, or if he was in some small way helping to bring some 'positive press' to the FDNY.

• Like 1

So often people are tried by the media and it takes weeks for the truth to come out and then it is usually under reportered. If you want positive media coverage you need to were tights and a cape, go topless or defame the current regime. Other wise you could start the pope's heart with your radio battery and still get arrested for assault.

• Like 1

Not only did they spell his name wrong, they called him a "Fire Medic". I reiterate: EMTs and Paramedics in the FDNY are EMS mission specific, and don't fight fires. "Fire Medics" or even "Fire EMTs" do not exist within the FDNY. We are EMTs or Paramedics that work for the FDNY.

Also, they even show the back of the work-shirt, and it says "FDNY EMT", not "FDNY Paramedic".

Please remember, prior to the FDNY/EMS merger, this is the same station that was approached by both EMS and my union, and told the reporter that we could improve our service by doing a list of things. The station and reporter turned it into an accusation of "Why doesn't the EMS DO" that list of things.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

It sounds like he did a great thing and I foresee a screwing in his future for his good deed. It's a real shame if it happens. FDNY should be thanking him for facilitating some much-needed good press (even if the media doesn't know the difference between a sprain and a fracture) by acting like a compassionate professional.

Likewise... the article is unclear if it is a fracture or a sprain.

If he didn't LIFT... might he not have caused a comp question? Further - I'm sure we've all done 1-handed compressions somehow, some way.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.