Penn EMS

fireflymedic

Okay gang, I have been all over the Pennsylvania DOH web site, found EMS, finally found the county I was looking for (Blair) for reciprocity, accidentally clicked the wrong x and ended up out of it. Now I can't find it again. If someone can please link me to the reciprocity requirements I would greatly appreciate it. It was the Southern Allegheny Region EMS Council, but I'm finding the site quite difficult to navigate. Can find everything for ambulance service licensure and for ems instructor, but I've committed to a gig up there for a weekend, and need reciprocity in order to work it. Thanks so much for your help and I'll keep looking ! :pc:

http://www.saems.com/

I don't know how to do the link thing, but there is the web address. Reciprocity in PA is easy if you have national registry. Although it's technically not a registry state, they'll take your registry, license from your home state, have you fill out an application, they'll make a call to your home state to make sure you're eligible to practice, and you'll have your PA card. When I moved from Arkansas to Pennsylvania, I went to the regional EMS council for my home region and had a card within 20 minutes.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

http://www.saems.com/

I don't know how to do the link thing, but there is the web address. Reciprocity in PA is easy if you have national registry. Although it's technically not a registry state, they'll take your registry, license from your home state, have you fill out an application, they'll make a call to your home state to make sure you're eligible to practice, and you'll have your PA card. When I moved from Arkansas to Pennsylvania, I went to the regional EMS council for my home region and had a card within 20 minutes.

Good Luck.

Thanks yeah - I finally managed to get it ! I found out extremely easy ! All I have to do is send them a letter of good standing from my state, a current background check (no prob, just had one ran), and a copy of my state card. It's either or - National registry is not required. SWEET !

There is a catch. If you're ALS, your employer has to set up your medical command status with PA before you can do any ALS procedures. It's been the hold-up of several of our newly graduated medics here lately.

Also, you have to get on them (so to speak) about your stuff. They're giving out the excuse that they're overwhelmed with H1N1 stuff right now and they aren't processing any certifications unless you call them and ask them. It's ridiculous, and I hope it ceases when they don't have the flu as an excuse not to do their job.

I had no problem, but I went in person, and it was during the summer, so no H1N1 to blame for all their problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.