Do you "notch" your duty boots ?

tniuqs

I think the boots I use for SAR actually have very little tread left. So, if they find shoe shaped ski tracks in the mud, that will be me.

I was thinking you were putting a notch in your boots for saves or something, I was about to just post "WHACKERS" in 36 font.

That was my thought when I first saw this thread.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The typical Vibram pattern can get rather confusing. :whistle:

Vibram soles? What do think BCAS is made of money? Standard issue is a $100 pair of magnums. Personally I've never been able to find a good pair of work boots for less than $200. I would prefer a yearly boot allowance myself. I think a standard notch cutter for each type of service might work well. One for SAR, one for EMS, One for Police, etc..

Can you notch Rock Slippers ? Bwahaa ha ha ha . :devilish:

They're one of the easiest things to notch. Just take a rock hammer and chip off a chunk. :)

I picked up a decent pair of Dakotas ~ 150 CDN with a composite fiberglass toes and insulated (its mandatory here) and I can boot doors down with them too, I love them and so NOT a fan of Steel Toes in 30 below.

HERBIE1There is no WHACKERS forum but is an idea :clown:

Was thinking we should start a FUND for 4c6 so he he does't have to put his socks on over his worn out boots for traction.

I picked up a decent pair of Dakotas ~ 150 CDN with a composite fiberglass toes and insulated (its mandatory here) and I can boot doors down with them too, I love them and so NOT a fan of Steel Toes in 30 below.

Was thinking we should start a FUND for 4c6 so he he does't have to put his socks on over his worn out boots for traction.

LMAO

Composite toes are worth every penny. Lighter, warmer, and they don't set off the metal detectors the same way as regular steel-toes. I've been using JB Goodhue for the last 8 years and always been happy with them. Even when I was "chasing bins" at a sawmill which meant spending 12 hours a day walking up and down a steel catwalk.

I wear traction straps so I don't slip and fall if I have to cross a creek, so the tread really doesn't matter. They're worn from walking on slag piles. I have a brand new pair, I don't have to pay for them.

That was my thought when I first saw this thread.

I'm with you there on that one. That was first thing I thought when I saw it I went umm please explain to me why we're having a discussion on this. But I'm out of my comfort zone - back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Interesting enough..... I've never heard of this practice before. I'll have to ask around and see if anyone else is around here doing it.

I wear Bates DuraShocks. Absoultely hands down the best boots I've ever owned. $114 bucks and had them for 3 yrs. Had them resoled after the second yr and the material is still going strong. My knees and ankles love em too.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.