Do you "notch" your duty boots ?

tniuqs

I've got Rockys that I wear on duty, and I have been asked to see the bottom of a boot before and my shoe size, but never had it questioned beyond that. Perhaps because the shoe print was flagrantly not an EMS boot, but all well and typically we try to track in the exact same line as everyone else to clarify the difference and people walking back and forth between is limited. I'll bounce this off some others I know though and see if they've ever heard/done the practice - I'm now interested.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of this, but it has not been an issue where I work, because there just isnt much "man tracking" done in most of the US.

It is actually very common in the Southwest. Tracking and cutting sign are critical skills that border patrol agents must master. Was really neat seeing them track and cut sign when I was working with a counter-drug taskforce some years back.

Take care,

chbare.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.