TRAUMA, Episode 10, 30 Nov 09

This was the first (and last) episode of this show that I'm going to watch.

First of all, I don't understand why they run when going somewhere (except to the bathroom, because I've been there!).

Secondly, that flight medic's uniform ... Why is it so tight on her and why is she showing off her chest? There's one in every bunch I suppose ... People like that are usually the office pin cushion.

Anyhow, I found it pretty cheesy ...

• Like 1

Secondly, that flight medic's uniform ... Why is it so tight on her and why is she showing off her chest? There's one in every bunch I suppose ... People like that are usually the office pin cushion.

She's the pilot, not the medic. And that only started about two episodes ago. Before that, she always had it zipped up high. Then I guess the director realised that most viewers were more attracted to her than the bimbo blonde, so they decided to exploit it. I guess they figured it worked for Baywatch, so they're going with that formula.

So far, the blonde is the pin cushion, which is not surprising.

i have a question about # 18. i agree its the drivers responsibility to get everyone aboard to and from dest. safely but isn't the tech in charge? i was told that if the tech tells you to go lights and sirens , you go lights and sirens. Is it different with private vs 911 ?

I work Private and 911 back up. With one of our contracts in the 911 sector we always respond code 3 lights and sirens. its more for public image from what i can gather. Transport is our decision. Some partners like to code 3 all transports as others have some sense and only code 3 a unstable patient.

In the private general transport sector we will be dispatched code 2 or code 3 depending on the call and if we feel its a code 3 response based of dispatch info i or my partner will upgrade us code 3. example: "altered patient at detox facility, code 2 response, b/p 75/40 no further information" we upgraded and by the time we were there b/p was lower.

Its kinda case by case thing once u worked in a area and know the facility your going to and how they work.

FDNY EMS has specific response matrix to follow for over 50 call types, the majority of which include the L&S response, and even if BLS or ALS will be the primary unit. If ALS, most times than not, the CFR Engine company is also sent.

Our EMD call takers have the authority to elevate call type status, again, under specific items in the matrix, like age (over 65, or under 5).

I don't see the crew of a stolen helicopter, that is supposed to be being transported by a 1/2 crew Paramedic ambulance back to their base, has the authority to comandeer said ambulance and crewperson to "follow that car"...er...helicopter, as Melissa did to Tyler, without Rabbit even trying to protest in any way.

I don't see the crew of a stolen helicopter, that is supposed to be being transported by a 1/2 crew Paramedic ambulance back to their base, has the authority to comandeer said ambulance and crewperson to "follow that car"...er...helicopter, as Melissa did to Tyler, without Rabbit even trying to protest in any way.

Yeah, that was a real MJ&S move, there. Ain't happening in a highly structured, urban system.

And for the last time, it's MARISA, not Melissa! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In Pennsylvania L&S is at the crew's discretion when responding to a scene, but during transport it is up to the ALS provider. No ALS provider on board? Not en route to rendezvous with an ALS provider? NO L&S!!

That is a fascinating idea. No ALS = No L&S. I like it and I'm an EMT Basic. If the patient is stable enough for transport by an EMT-B crew then aren't they stable enough for no L&S. Mind you I have the blessing of almost always having EMT-Ps available at the scene and of course that makes a difference.

--

Tom Horne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.