Prescription Safety Glasses

n7lxi

Hi all... I'm looking for a good source for inexpensive safety glasses that'll take a prescription.

I have a pair a now that cost me 200 bucks and make me look like a bug. I hate 'em.

They look a little like this...

31jyNubZEvL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'd love a pair of wraparounds like this that will take prescription lenses, not an insert:

lightning_bg.jpg

Anyone have a source that they use?

If I'm reading you correctly and you want the actual lenses to be prescription (as opposed to inserts), you're going to have to pay for it. Two hundred dollars is cheap compared to what you could pay. And I haven't seen prescription eyeglasses (much less safety glasses) for less than $200 that *don't* make you look like a bug... or worse.

Good luck.

-be safe

Doing another blind google search, this time for safety glasses, I came up with the following. Most of the items shown are for use over your prescription glasses; you'll actually be wearing 2 pairs, your corrective lenses under the outer safety lenses.

http://www.discountsafetygear.com/visagl.html

By the way, with so many of us referring to the Galls catalog, they only had one item online, and the reviews on it were claiming it to be an inferior product by comparison to what they were used to from the Galls site.

Perhaps a little off from what the original post was asking for, however I have purchased 4 pairs of prescription glasses (3 sun, 1 reg) and spent just a little over $100 CDN total (for all 4). I'm happy with what I bought.

I don't think they have safety glasses unfortunately, but if anyone is looking for prescription glasses these guys are pretty good and the price is amazing.

http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

As for prescription safety glasses, I imagine you'll be paying a bit of a price for them no matter where you go unfortunately.

Edited by Siffaliss

It will be hard to find prescription "wrap-around" style glasses as the additional curve of the lenses would warp your vision (there's a small tolerance allowed, but generally the lenses can't be too curved if they're going to be effective). I had this problem when I ordered prescription Oakley sunglasses (though Oakley does make a few that work with some prescriptions). These wouldn't qualify as safety glasses though.

Panoptx.com used to make high end Fire/EMS/Military safety glasses with available prescriptions, but now they appear to have dropped the line and only make sport glasses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.