CAP Lab 2009 Roll Call

Doczilla

akroeze and I attended both days last year. It is certainly worth it. You could go every day for a week and still be learning new things every day. It's not just about repeating the skills. It's about the time with the cadavers learning anatomy, and discussing the corresponding physiology with the docs there. Priceless.

I can only do one day so I've signed up for the lab the 10th. I didn't put my sign on name on the form - is there a way I can go back and do that Doc? Looking forward to it !

I just paid for both days.

I also just purchased my plane ticket...I will arrive on the 8th around 330pm and depart on the 11th.

I have held off booking my hotel as I know some people may be strapped for cash and want to share...I am open to that possibility but not definite on it.

I will have a rental car as well.

This will be great!

AK....

I will do my best to try to get out here!!! Here's hoping...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

We can car pool if ya want I wanna go too!! Party on the way there!! Its a 1 day drive.

Actually if anyone wants to carpool from Colorado. I should be able to drive. Share a hotel perhaps. I dont bite. :devilish: I know $$ is tight all around. Plus my son is in Ohio so I will be able to take a day and see him.

Edited by mrsbull

Man would I love to attend! My department had the opportunity to do labs like this with the University of Alberta and I have to say it was the best anatomy and physiology learning points I ever could have experienced. The hands on experience of doing a surgical cric, using and seeing TTJV, doing pleural decompression, was amazing. To actually visualize the pathology and development of a pneumothorax was awesome and gave much better of how ominous a tension really is and how much of the mediastinum it takes up.

The only other one time to top it was seeing a stabbing patient have their chest cracked, witnessing what V-Fib looks like in a live heart, what a pericardial tamponade looks like and it's effects as well as how fast a large hole (two) in the left vencticle can bleed out. To top it off, the patient was discharged to live a normal life.

Those are the moments of clarity when the light bulb goes off in your head. Seeing is truly believing and understanding

Does anybody want to try to do a meet up somewhere one of the nights (perhaps the night of the first day ?) to go hang out or whatever. I'll be driving up that afternoon as I have to work until that morning, so I'd like to know if anything's in the works. If something does emerge or someone wants to take the reins let me know 'cause I'd like to meet up ! :punk:

Ok, I caved and signed up for both days. Hopefully can talk someone into letting us do a cric. Mrsbull I am interested in sharing a room. I was going to look into Dust's suggestion of the Red Roof Inn near the lab. Have you booked anything yet?