CAP Lab 2009 Roll Call

Doczilla

I will be there this time. I have 4 days off and I'll be bringing the wife, son and baby daughter. We're gonna make a short vacation out of it.

Can't wait to meet your family riff raff.....

Now the question is who do we send the money to or do we wait till we get there? Zilla you are slipping! :innocent:

Can't wait to meet you Ruff and your family - be a great time I'm sure. The Air museum is pretty cool if you like to see that kind of stuff. I thought it was pretty cool as it had a former Air Force One there. It seems the city will be taking over - will there be anyone there BESIDES us? Take care and stay safe gang.

Wear one of these!

dia27.jpg

oh fantastic it will complete my whacker look ! where do I order? :thumbsdown:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know yet when registration will open exactly, but it is usually opened about 1 month prior to the class. You will receive payment instructions when you register. Last year we had people call in their credit card payment to WSU Dept of EM or send purchase orders from their EMS agencies if the agency is paying for it. Several people sent checks. Some EMS agencies here reserved a block of seats each day, then filled them later and sent a PO. For some reason the school can't seem to get the credit card thing on the website, but Cassie and her minions did a fine job with collections these last few years.

As far as hotels go, get anything that is near or at Fairfield Mall and Wright State University. WSU is on Col Glenn Highway, and there are several hotels there. The closest airport is Dayton International Airport. You could fly into Columbus (about 1.5hrs away) or Cincinnati (about 1.25hrs away) if you don't find the fare that you want at Dayton, though it shouldn't be too tough. You probably will want to rent a car (or share with someone who is).

JPINFV, if you bring your white coat, the residents and attendings will pimp you in humiliating fashion as is the common practice in many medical schools. Actually, if you wear your Harry Potter Short White Cloak of Invisibility, you may be generally ignored and frequently shoved.

Yes, there will be people there besides you. None of them as cool, though. :punk: We have several repeat offenders from local agencies. There are usually 100 attendees per day, and the registration is almost always maxed out (takes about a week).

Make time to see the Air Force Museum (free) as well as go out to dinner a couple of nights.

Sorry I haven't replied to the PMs. Internet is a little spotty out here.

'zilla

I just realized... Wright State=Nutter Center=WGI Percussion Championships. Next year this needs to be around Easter time to conincide with championships and I'll be able to double dip if I don't have an exam like this year.

Oh, and Doczilla, definitely check it out. April 17th is finals this year.

Edited by JPINFV

Any suggestions on places to stay ?

Last year we stayed at the Red Roof Inn, right there on Col. Glenn, just a few blocks from the lab. You can't get any closer or cheaper. We actually tried several places before there, but none had enough rooms for all of us, as it was graduation weekend or something. If I make it this time (iffy), I'd be inclined to stay there again. They were quite accommodating.

Last year, I drove and chauffeured everyone around. This year, again if I come, I'll be flying, so someone else will need to help us out with ground transportation.

Edited by Dustdevil