Hadron Collider is up and running again

chbare

Any wannabe physicists on this site will appreciate the newest update from CERN. The large Hadron Collider is up and running again. After only a couple of days, proton beams are focused and colliding at relatively low energy levels. Hopefully, levels of around seven trillion electron volts can be reached. Hopefully, the next year will be exciting and I would love to hear in the near future that the Higgs Boson has been identified.

Take care,

chbare.

• Like 1

I find it rather interesting that many people actually believe we can create micro black holes and open and destabilize other dimensions. We are talking about smashing particles smaller than the smallest known atom (hydrogen). In fact we are essentially talking about smashing protons (hydrogen nuclei). Assuming humans could actually create a micro black holes (insert allot of imagination) with LHC technology, I can only assume these objects would be so small and unstable, they would emit more Hawking radiation than the energy they could possible acquire and promptly "fizzle" away.

The reality being, we cannot safely transport a human to our moon and we have yet to shoot an object out of our own solar system. I have a very hard time thinking we could actually create objects we cannot even explore beyond indirect observation and mathematical assumptions. Please correct my statements as I am not exactly a physicist.

Take care,

chbare.

The reality being, we cannot safely transport a human to our moon and we have yet to shoot an object out of our own solar system. I have a very hard time thinking we could actually create objects we cannot even explore beyond indirect observation and mathematical assumptions. Please correct my statements as I am not exactly a physicist.

Pioneer 10 and 11 and Voyager 1 and 2 say "Hi."