'Trauma' revived after cancellation

VentMedic

SAN FRANCISCO — Paramedic TV drama "Trauma" will be returning to the air after NBC reversed its decision to cancel the show, it emerged Friday.

The network has requested three more episodes after saying last month production would be halted after the initial 13-episode order, according to reports.

It has ordered additional material following a recent spike in ratings and may order more in the future if the show continues to attract viewers.

Despite high production costs for on-location filming and special effects, "Trauma" attracted just 6.9 million viewers for the season premiere and maintained less than a 2.0 rating shortly before cancelation.

It has faced strong criticism from much of the EMS community, with both NAEMT and the IAFC’s EMS Section sending letters to show producers protesting the creative direction of the drama and labeling it an "injustice" to those in the profession.

On Thursday, it was also announced that the show will air in the UK after cable network Virgin1 agreed a deal with NBC.

http://www.ems1.com/ems-news/606015-nbcs-trauma-revived-after-cancellation/

• Like 1

Third watch was the best/most realistic show on the EMS side that I have seen.

I couldn't even get through the first 10 minutes of the "Trauma" series premier, and have not watched a single minute since.

PS - Third watch is the also the only EMS/emergency service related show I have watched with any regularity.

• Like 2

Third Watch was a good EMS/FD/PD show until it's last 2 seasons, when the EMS and Fire story lines became more of a support for PD than a partner. It just became a cop show with a small side of EMS and Fire.

• Like 1

Damn you all!!!! You medics just had to keep watching this turd bucket of a show to see how bad it could actually get AND NOW WE CAN`T GET RID OF IT!!!!!

Well done. ;):cry:

Would you like cheese and roses to go with that whinning? :shiftyninja::shiftyninja::shiftyninja::shiftyninja:

That's what we need.. A British version of Bunny, or Rabbit, w/e his name is. I actually don't bother watching it b/c House runs over into the 9'oclock hour, making DVR capturing of it pointless.

• Like 1

if you don't like it... don't watch it

[whine]BUT I CAN'T!!!![/whine] It's like a train wreck...no matter how grotesque it is, one just can't tear one's eyes from the carnage.

<aybe if we ignore it, it'll go away. ;)

Despite high production costs for on-location filming and special effects, "Trauma" attracted just 6.9 million viewers for the season premiere and maintained less than a 2.0 rating shortly before cancelation.

I gotta say that the premiere episode was very poorly planned. They killed return viewers with that nonsense. What has come since then has actually improved quite a bit over the premiere. And if it weren't for the sex in the ambulance scene, they probably wouldn't have gotten near as much protest from EMS.

Looking to see what commentary the network's website had on it, I looked up the show. There was none...

But...

"Greg", the budding author partnered with "Nancy," has a "blog" on the show's site.