Looking for Lenses

I am in the middle of doing some minor restoration work to a 1992 Ford E-350 (Horton Box) Ambulance. I'm in need of a couple of things, and thought I'd try my friends here on EMT City for help first... I'm looking for Blue 7"x9" Lenses for the Box (External). I'm also wondering if anyone out there in EMT City has an owners manual for the truck itself.. there are some switches I've never seen, and we're looking for the Fuse box. Now, keep in mind, that I haven't looked for the fusebox yet, so it may be easy to find, I'm just listing items that are on my "to do list" for the week. Any help that you all can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Jo

As you're sitting in the drivers seat above your left shin is the parking brake pedal. The chassis fuse block is mounted on the firewall right behind the brake mounting. There will be another

fuse block in the Horton electrical system compartment, this is usually behind the drivers seat at the front of the box.

Edited by island emt

You're looking for a lens for an emergency beacon? Start with answering the question of, "What brand is the beacon?" Then, you might contact the manufacturer of the beacon for further information, or start your e-bay parts search.

• 5 weeks later...

Richard, Ebay has not had what I'm looking for. I could go with either Red or Blue lenses (my partner wants Blue). Still looking for 7x9 Lenses..I'm hoping that somebody may have some of these stored somewhere or Fleet might have some in backstock. I'm really looking for "used" pieces.. I can get some new ones straight from the manufacturer, but based on what we're using the "truck" for, I don't want to invest $30 per lens at this time.

Thanks for looking!

JoAnne

Sounds like you're making a party wagon out of an old ambulance. Have you tried the other auction sites like kijiji? Have you called Horton up to see if they might still have the user manual?

Nope..no party wagon... we're doing some contract EMS Stuff for the local racetrack.. We got a GREAT deal on the ambulance (even with the minor stuff that needs done), and couldn't have bought anything else comparable for any less.

There are a few places around the country that hoard used ambulances for sale. There used to be one here in Dallas, but they only handle funeral cars now. You might give them a call and see if they can tell you who handles used ambulances these days. One of those lots would probably have a used lens for you. They are at http://www.spvinc.com/

Of course, Horton could help you, but like you say, you're probably talking new prices there, although that's probably not that bad. If you talk directly to someone in parts, he might have some spares in a pile somewhere that he'd be willing to sneak out the door for you. I've had such luck with other ambulance manufacturers in the past.

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.