Options to Add Strobes/Lights to go off upon page

Zach Smith

No we definitely dont have heart saver tones, just the standard 4 or 5 beeps, then dispatch telling us what to do. MD doesn't even use tones in their rigs.

As for the green light, if it keeps RCMP off my back then i'm all for it, sometimes getting to base in the required 5 minutes is kinda hard with the 9 friggen red lights between me and base (nothing compared to the speeds my partner achieves on the way in)

Assuming you are dispatched by radio you need this first:

Federal Signal Informer

Or a similar product. Once you get that installed, and programmed to your frequency and alert tones, you (or someone with electrical knowledge) will need to set up a system with relays and transformers to activate your lights. You can actually do quite a bit with it as long as you know what you are doing. It would be fairly easy to set it up to turn on bunk lights, flash a strobe in high noise areas (day rooms, work out rooms, bays) and even open the garage door. One solution to the bright light effect, would be to set up some can celing lights with low lumen and possibly red colored bulbs, to make the light softer.

I should note too... thats the basic of basic options. You can get more elabroate systems but there would be cost involved and your dispatch would have to be involved in it too. Just do a quick google search of "Fire Station Alerting" and you can see some of the options out there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.