Resquepod

frogman

:thumbsup: Hi folks just a quick question. Here in Ireland (only certin areas) we have been issued with the resquepod. I would like to know if anyone has used one yet in cardiac arrest if so what are your views on it. :showoff:

I know a clinical trial being conducted on it in Toronto was recently ended having found that while it increased ROSC it did not have any affect on long term outcome. A quick search of the forum should find the link. (I'm on my phone atm and it's impossible to multi-task on it to find the link.)

Buy a LUCAS instead, you get better CPR, and it keeps giving good CPR. Makes your life and your moves a little easier too. An ER in Saskatoon did a ultrasound of a patients ankle (the name of the vein escapes me) and apparently there was very good blood flow with the device

• Like 1

Tell your bosses to save their money. I have some snake oil that will do just as much for cardiac arrest patients.

I never knew snake oil could increase preload!?! Learn something new every day............... :P

I second the Lucas suggestion, but in addition to an ITD.

Back in '06 and '07, I was with a local agency that trialed both products and we saw statistically significant increases in both ROSC and neurologically intact discharges. Specifically an 85% in-field ROSC rate and a 19% discharge rate (Non-Upstein criteria; which most use to boast their 20%+ survival rates). Considering the national discharge survivability rate is around 5%, I am pretty convinced of the efficacy of these devices. I've seen their successes first hand and highly recommend them both.

Buy a LUCAS instead, you get better CPR, and it keeps giving good CPR. Makes your life and your moves a little easier too. An ER in Saskatoon did a ultrasound of a patients ankle (the name of the vein escapes me) and apparently there was very good blood flow with the device

Mechanical CPR devices still lack definitive clinical validation from what I've seen. Researchers from Toronto (led by Dr. Steve Brooks) did a review of the literature in 2008 and could not find evidence to support the efficacy of these devices in terms of improving patient outcomes.

I never knew snake oil could increase preload!?! Learn something new every day............... :P

I second the Lucas suggestion, but in addition to an ITD.

Back in '06 and '07, I was with a local agency that trialed both products and we saw statistically significant increases in both ROSC and neurologically intact discharges. Specifically an 85% in-field ROSC rate and a 19% discharge rate (Non-Upstein criteria; which most use to boast their 20%+ survival rates). Considering the national discharge survivability rate is around 5%, I am pretty convinced of the efficacy of these devices. I've seen their successes first hand and highly recommend them both.

Was this apparent validation of the ITD published? I'd love to take a read of the study. What do you think of the latest information from ROC PRIMED suggesting that the ITD is not beneficial?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.