ROC PRIMED is over....

vs-eh?

For those who are unaware...

https://roc.uwctc.org/tiki/tiki-index.php

Huge prehospital research study that has been ongoing for a number of years. We were involved in all aspects, with the hypertonic saline trails being stopped earlier this year. I received notification that all ITD's are being removed by Nov. 6th, and to stop using the device effective immediately. Also analyze early vs. late is out, and monitors will be changed according soon. The study was stopped on Sunday.

I was quite surprised, and so were the doctors judging by the memo that was sent out. Long story short is that while the ITD did increase pre-hospital ROSC, there was no statistically significant change in hospital discharge. Same goes for early vs. late analyze.

Good CPR and early defib still remain the true staples of cardiac arrest. Recently I did ACLS and was told the next round of studies may include being given blinded preloads during cardiac arrests, becuase of the overall lack of evidence in traditional cardiac arrest pharmacology. Three rounds of saline and out boys and girls...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.