I am seeing things...

FireMedic65

As I said, it's possibly a case of a temporary shift of the vitreous humour. If memory serves, it does not cause permanent / lasting vision problems. I know the flashes can also be associated with migraines, obviously that's not it or you would have noticed it by now.

I have that happen to me from time to time. Usually, for me anyway, its caused by the fact that i have not eaten anything or have become slightly dehydrated. Nothing much to worry about unless you get horrible headache, then i would be little worried. I kinda like it tho.

I do not make a habit of giving medical advice, and this post is not medical advice per se. With that, if you never have had flashes and this is a new experience that just occurred while sitting and reading, you many want to consider talking to somebody with more important initials after their name than most of the people on this site when it comes to medical knowledge and the subject at hand. Posterior vitreous detachment, retinal tear, and retinal detachment can be characterized by flashes and a wide variety of other visual changes, most of which are painless. Just food for thought.

Take care,

chbare.

Edited by chbare