Grammer Burnout

From Site Rules that all claimed to have read and agreed to upon signing up for EMTCity.

"Give reasonable attention to your grammar. Although we want to maintain a casual atmosphere here, this is ultimately a PROFESSIONAL forum where members of the public are free to read and draw conclusions about us as a profession. There is an automatic spell checker provided on this forum. Please use it. Do not post messages that appear as if they were taken from a 13 year old girl's AOL chat. "You" is spelled YOU, not "u." "Whatever" is spelled WHATEVER, not "w/e." And punctuation is extremely important to those trying to understand your statements. If you are too pressed for time to type legibly and using punctuation and capitalization, then please come back later when you have more time. AND NEVER POST IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS!"

It seems to me that this is all that Doc is talking about....

What is so friggin' hard to understand? SA, I'm thinking you've been here much longer than necessary to know that we are not laying in wait to attack those from a different country that make spelling or grammatical errors. Are you really saying that because of the cultural gap you don't understand the paragraph above?

We're not asking any to be perfect, only to make a reasonable effort to use adult, high school level spelling and punctuation, right?

Many here that preach education are unwilling to do so, so I think this was an awesome topic.

Dwayne

• Like 2

ROFL

I have a spelling checker It came with my PC. It plane lee marks four my revue Miss steaks aye can knot see.

Eye ran this poem threw it. Your sure real glad two no. Its very polished in its weigh, My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a blessing. It freeze yew lodes of thyme. It helps me right awl stiles two reed, And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays comes posed up on my screen Eye trussed too bee a joule. The checker pours o'er every word To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore a veiling checkers Hour spelling mite decline, And if we're laks oar have a laps, We wood bee maid too wine.

Butt now bee cause my spelling Is checked with such grate flare, There are know faults with in my cite, Of nun eye am a wear.

Now spelling does not phase me, It does knot bring a tier. My pay purrs awl due glad den With wrapped words fare as hear.

To rite with care is quite a feet Of witch won should be proud, And wee mussed dew the best wee can, Sew flaws are knot aloud.

Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays Such soft wear four pea seas, And why eye brake in two averse Buy righting want too please.

Edit: Author Unknown....to me at least

Now that something I can agree with I also downloaded the same spell checker as did that author. My "Queens English" spell checker somehow evaporated with new software and computer. It has so many errors in it makes me want me to vomit, there vs their is incorrect is no medical terminology at all and every medical term or accepted medical abbreviation wants me to give myself (for example prop of ol ) via an inter cranial root, it allows cant to be spelt and then directs to this misspelled word link in goggle http://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1CHMA_enCA347CA347&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=spelt with the options of slept,pelts,pelt,smelt or spent.

If anyone has a better program mine, you know like the Queens English PLEASE provide a link.

Yes agreed some posts do make me scratch my head the point is lost and i do not reply but come on get real please the run on sentences the new text type jargon is here to stay weather we like it or not as everything is in constant flux and change just try texting my 17 y/o i believe it is all my ex wifes doing as a teacher as spelling is no longer emphasized in the education system the rationale being let them express themselves don't hurt their feelings.

cheers

This is a chat site, not a legal document. MOST people here have semi-reasonable spelling and grammar, and don't in fact type like teenagers.

When it comes to a PCR however, that IS a legal document and a very good command of the language it is to be written in is required.

Thatz awl I hav to say aboot thayat.

Edited by Siffaliss
  • Like 1

Door to door Salesman:

Young man, is your mother at home?

Boy:

She ain't here.

Salesman:

Ain't? Young man, ain't is NOT in the dictionary. Where is your grammer?

Boy:

That's why mom ain't here, she took her shopping.

Salesman:

Your dog won't bite me, will he?

Boy:

Nope.

Salesman:

Ow! That animal just bit me. I thought you said your dog doesn't bite

Boy:

I did. That ain't my dog.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.