what do you all think

Eric

whould you go see them after 24 years?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes too see them 1 time
    • no why go

this after noon i woke up to a phone call it s was from my mom she ran in to my dad. to some of you that's nothing new but for me I'm in shock i have never meet the man i don't know what he looks like i know nothing about him other then he has other kids him and my mom got a Divs when i was still new to this world well she run in to him at a picnic and he wants to meet me i don't know what to do i don't know what to feel or what to talk to him about

if you have never seen your mom/dad for 24 years and they showed up would you want to see them ?

I was put in a similar situation, I thought long and hard about the matter. I finally decided to at least give it a try once to see how he acted, how I reacted, to see what he wanted, etc. Atleast I would not wonder the rest of my life. It is atleast worth a try, if you you do decide to go I would go somewhere public, just in case. Not everyone deserves a second chance, he may earn it though.

Whew that is tough dilemma.. I wish you the best of luck of luck on your decision. Since I never had been through any thing like this, I cannot give you a " I would do this answer"...

I suggest that you might think of meeting him. As you get older you may have questions of heredity, health, etc.. that only they can answer. The other is you may never get a chance to ever again do this... & have the doubt of "what only if " .. this may be one the best events in your life.

I wish you the best, in the difficult decision you make...

Peace,

Ridryder 911

I had the opertunity to meet birth family a few years ago and was lucky that it was a positive experience. We still keep contact but not really close.

What Ridryder said is very much the reason why I wanted to meet them. I am still to meet my father as he denys the fact ... but appaerntly we are much alike so maybe 'one day'.

I wish you luck in your choice.

But I would say go for .... you may not get the chance again.

Wow Eric, this sounds like a great opportunity to meet the man that you've probably wondered about all your life. Ive never been in your situation but I think if I was...I would go meet him and try not to hold any resentments that he wasn't around when you were growing up. Situations and things happen beyond any ones control and I'm sure there was a reason. But now he wants to know you and you are never to old and its never to late to have a relationship with your dad. Good luck and hope all turns out well.

I, for one, say go for it...

As said before... you never know if you'll have a chance like this again... in this line of work, we are all too familiar with the fact that "tomorrow isn't promised to us"...

Now don't get me wrong... I'm not sayin run up to him and give him a big hug and a wet kiss on the cheek... Meet the man, get to know him just like somebody you met on the street... see who he is... if he's somebody you want in your life... worst case, you walk away being able to put a face to the name "Dad"... We only get 2 parents, why write one off without giving him chance to atleast be "a friend"???

Just remember...

Don't loan him large amounts of money...

Don't loan him your car...

Don't give him your house key...

At least till you really know the type of man he is... Basically, be wary but, don't pass it up...

to add my two cents, i too never met my father or mother i was an orphan, I would meet the guy because why not, i would follow what supasta and some of the others said, but if he had a chance to be in your life before and chose not to, i personally wouldn't wanna have anything to do with the guy, also did he support you financially growing up and if he didn't then he is a deadbeat.

Well... Thats hard. Part of me if I was in your shoes would be like... No forget him too late to get in my life, i was with out you for years now you are going to have to be with out me. But another part of me is like go to him get to know him as much as you can on that first visit and if all goes well and you feel as if you want to know more from this man make another get together, if not then.... say nice knowing you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.