A jolly word of introduction from India

Gupta

I am a 60 year old man who lives with his family in India.

I too work in the medical proffession in a large Hospital in Delhi.

I am a stretcher Bearer dealing with the movement of both dead and living patients and visitors.

I am of low caste but am reasonbly intelligent and am of a polite and cleanly disposition.

I wish to communicate with American Paramedics and learn all about your duties and tasks. It is my ambition is to become a Paramedic myself in your beautiful and affluent nation.

Please communicate with me and allow me to fulfill my desires of moving my family to the USA.

• Like 2

Welcome to the city! It's always nice to have experiences from others around the world. I am sure we can all teach each other something.

There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, and if you can bite through the BS once in awhile, you can learn quite a bit.

Enjoy

Gupta:

And I feel honoured to welcome you to EMT city, you have to the found the correct place, your best assistant is the search engine on this web site, you will find the answers to many of your queries.

Your written English already exceeds some of our members, and we have no caste system here to hold you back from your dreams and aspirations we, well speaking for myself the desire to learn about medicine has no issues we always will remain students.

Look's like word is getting out and just how active this site is rapidly becoming international, very curious then again perhaps not.

Cheers

I wish to communicate with American Paramedics and learn all about your duties and tasks...

Gupta,

What a honor to have you here! I look forward to reading posts from you, and learning from your experience. This is an amazing website, truly quality people with much to share.

Welcome!!!

• Like 1

Welcome and can't wait to hear from you in your postings ! I always find it exciting to learn from those around the world. Take care and be safe.

• Like 1

I am a 60 year old man who lives with his family in India.

I too work in the medical proffession in a large Hospital in Delhi.

I am a stretcher Bearer dealing with the movement of both dead and living patients and visitors.

I am of low caste but am reasonbly intelligent and am of a polite and cleanly disposition.

I wish to communicate with American Paramedics and learn all about your duties and tasks. It is my ambition is to become a Paramedic myself in your beautiful and affluent nation.

Please communicate with me and allow me to fulfill my desires of moving my family to the USA.

This is a huge opportunity to exchange ideas and information we are in your debt if you would share some of your wisdom, you live in an extremely beautiful country and as of yet I have not been afforded the opportunity to visit but I do enjoy the cultural food especially samosa I understand it is considered a "snack" but I eat them as if a meal, is this acceptable I suspect NOT?

My first question and please excuse my ignorance of the caste system, please correct me but if you were born into a family for example a shoe maker would you then be forced to become (as the son of a shoemaker) become a shoe maker ?

Leading me to my next query ... what caste were you born to ?

Your Hospital in Delhi your position would most likely be called a Porter in the USA, and besides movement of patients within hospital do you transport in the community as well and by what mode of transport do you use in Delhi, motorized vehicles and what type 4 wheel or 3 wheel or 2 ?

And a difficult question the understanding between wealth versus being rich, I have visited and worked in some "considered" 3rd world country's, this has always confounded me why would you wish to leave your homeland and live in a true RAT RACE we live in in North America with the high incidence of Cardiac illness and Cancers related to processed foods and high stress lifestyles ?

cheers

• Like 1

Welcome Gupta. I had the distinct pleasure of visiting your country for a month a few years back and it was one of the best trips I have taken.

I am a Paramedic in Canada (as is stniuqs). If you are interested in immigrating and working in Emergency Medical Services, you might find Canada to be a better place to land. Here (for the most part) the education requirements are higher to work as a Paramedic and as a result the pay, benefits and working conditions are very good. As a Paramedic in Ontario I make a very comfortable wage and am able to support a family without working excessive overtime or a second job. This is not the case in many areas of the United States. Of course uprooting yourself to travel the world is a monumental decision, so of course don't take my word for it.

I echo the other members of the City in offering my assistance with any questions you may have.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Gupta.

We have a bunch of countries represented in this "city", and to the best of my knowledge, you might be the first from India.

I have to be a bit of a negative person in one regard: While we don't have a "caste system", were you to come to the United States, you could definitely get the training for working on an ambulance, but be discriminated against due to your age.

I'm 55, which is old enough to retire from my employer, the Fire Department of New York City (FDNY), in the Emergency Medical Service Command (mission specific, as I don't fight fires), and have been so employed almost 25 years, a different way to reach retirement. However, I sometimes wonder if either my age or employment longevity has become an issue used to prevent me from getting a lateral transfer to something like teaching at the EMS Academy, instead of working on an ambulance.

Having said that, I still must say that your experiences, were you to attempt to get employed here in the United States, might be totally different than mine.

Good Luck in all your EMS endeavors, and again, welcome aboard.

• Like 1