NBC Cancels "TRAUMA"

Dustdevil

Too bad they probably won't drop another $3 million to make a proper finale. My number one choice for a finale would be to watch them all hit the unemployment line at midnight when AMR takes over. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

To the producers......please, please, please do not try to cardiovert this show back into a sustainable program.......oh yea, I guess they are not viewing this forum, or they would have done a much better job. Just like one of those patients....ah, shows......that will inevitable die a peaceful death despite proper care.......in their instance, improper care/production.

Note to self.......Do not watch the reruns.

• Like 1

Nice - intro the characters one week, kill 'em off the next lol. I like it, I like it !

Wait a minute! Isn't that what Gabriel "Sylar" Grey does to new characters on "Heroes" in the hour before?

http://www.ems1.com/ems-advocacy/articles/600860-NBCs-Trauma-given-a-DNR/

NBC's 'Trauma' given a DNR

By EMS1 Staff

SAN FRANCISCO — NBC's "Trauma", the freshman paramedic drama that stirred up controversy in the EMS industry over its less-than-accurate representation of the profession, has been cancelled by the network. The show will complete its 13-episode run, but will cease production after that.

The show, which was reportedly one of NBC's priciest new series, failed to capture an audience — either with the mainstream public or the EMS community. Monday’s episode of "Trauma" drew just 5.8 million total viewers.

Unlike the beloved "Emergency!", the seminal EMS drama from the 1970's, many in the EMS community felt the show did a disservice to EMS professionals by highlighting lurid and sensational — as well as medically questionable — scenarios, including ambulance sex and drunk driving.

The depiction drew immediate criticism from EMS leadership, with both NAEMT and IAFC’s EMS Section firing off letters to the producers of the show protesting the creative direction.

In his letter, the IAFC's EMS Section chair Gary Ludwig called the show "an injustice to the many professionals who work in emergency medical services," before adding, "I would ask that either the show be cancelled or modified to accurately portray the sacrifice of those who perform emergency medical services to comfort and treat those who have suffered a serious trauma or illness."

The show will be replaced by "Chuck" in NBC’s Monday night lineup.

Chuck Norris?? :thumbsup:

I can quite honestly say that I am less than shocked about Trauma getting canceled. The only thing I am surprised about is that they are letting it run the full 13 eps instead of doing the humane thing and just pulling the plug. It's amusing, in a sad sort of way. If they had decent writers, actors, and they quit trying to GRAB ratings by doing obviously assinine things..... The explosions, Rabbit being an ass, etc from episode 1, for instance this could have progressed into a decent show. Oh well. RIP Trauma

Edited by thrutheashes

Wait a minute! Isn't that what Gabriel "Sylar" Grey does to new characters on "Heroes" in the hour before?

I don't know - I've never watched Heroes - I think it's on its death bed as well, only surviving because it's fairly cheap to make and NBC doesn't have anything to replace it.

Agreed. There really was potential there. But unfortunately, it was put into the hands of someone with zero interest in EMS.

Hitler was right. We need something like "Emergency!", but updated to modern times.

• Like 1

SWEET! Honestly I missed Chuck, and Trauma made me want to ..... well... upchuck. I suppose I was entertained but I'm guessing not in the way the producers would've liked. I laughed at the show, not with it.

Have you ever wondered if spies and other government agents watch Chuck, and Laugh as much as the EMS community does while watching Trauma?

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.