Correcting an instructor

Lone Star

Bratt from many of our discussions on your instructor I can only add this you owe it to yourself and other students that do not have the knowledge you possess to talk in private with the teacher and show her all your evidence of the correct terms. You pay darn good money for an education and you need to get the most out of it. You may help a student along the way that will take everything this instructor says for gospel and end up killing someone in the process. Some people don't want to put forth the effort and time it takes to check things out on their own. But I would do it in private as not to challenge her authority in class that will get you on the poo poo list real quick. Good luck my friend and keep me posted.

If Jwade starts thrashing into her, your class might end up like a Harvard Medical school program... he would set her straight.

LMAO...Thanks :-)

Seriously though, I would be more than happy to send her an email, keeping your name completely anonymous of course, and providing her with correct FACTUAL documentation to support both your premise, and to show her conclusions are erroneous. Just send me a PM...

Respectfully,

JW

Edited by Jwade
  • Like 1

LMAO...Thanks :-)

Seriously though, I would be more than happy to send her an email, keeping your name completely anonymous of course, and providing her with correct FACTUAL documentation to support both your premise, and to show her conclusions are erroneous. Just send me a PM...

Respectfully,

JW

If Bratt dont take you up on that offer CAN I? I have a whole list of idiots you can email for me! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Question.....What sort of credentials does this instructor have? What current EMS level are they at? How long have they been teaching this course? Have they ever been a provider at the level you are being taught? Are they a moron or not????? (Oh, I guess we might already know this one)

She is NREMT-P, AAS. She states that she's been in EMS for around 20 years and Instructor/Coordinator for 12 years. I believe she is currently working on a BS in paramedicine.

I believe she is currently working on a BS in paramedicine.

Sounds like instead of Bachelor of Science, it's Bu** Sh** in paramedicine for her. Follow the leads of my and the other posters. You want the best, and it sounds like you are not being provided what you request. Work the chain, but get it done soon or this will fester like a zit on her arse. Make sure that this is not a personality issue, but just the instructional issue you are dealing with. Tread, but don't stomp until the facts are evident.

Take care and good luck with the rest of your class.

• Like 1

You seem to get stuck with a lot of really bad instructors. First a poorly educated Basic instructor, now the same for Intermediate? If everyone is noticing issues, you'd think the facility would step in and make a change.

• Like 2

It is alarming that you have those inadequacies in an instructor. I think firflymedics approach is the best way to handle it and p instructor's first post describes perfectly how your instructor OUGHT to respond.

Have you tried talking to her at all? What is it that makes you certain that you risk being booted from the course for asking questions?

You seem to get stuck with a lot of really bad instructors. First a poorly educated Basic instructor, now the same for Intermediate? If everyone is noticing issues, you'd think the facility would step in and make a change.

I believe it is the same instructor.

• Like 1