Infection Protection

reneew10

EMS workers routinely treat patients that carry infections. There is no way of predicting what germs you may encounter when treating a patient or what illness they will have. What precautions are you taking to protect yourself from the unknowns of your everyday job?

• Like 1

EMS workers routinely treat patients that carry infections. There is no way of predicting what germs you may encounter when treating a patient or what illness they will have. What precautions are you taking to protect yourself from the unknowns of your everyday job?

washing hands, wearing masks, masking my patients, covering my patients infectious wounds with a dressing.

making patients stop vomiting with Zofran so they won't vomit in my ambulance.

Just the general Infection control precautions - not much more you can do.

washing hands, wearing masks, masking my patients, covering my patients infectious wounds with a dressing.

Agreed. The standard precautions as Ruff stated. If there is more you can do, if it is available, great.

Yep I also agree with the Great RIFF RAFF!!

Nothing beats good hand washing :thumbsup::thumbsup: I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to hand washing.

And for petes sake please wear your GLOVES I know people that do not think that gloves are necessary when picking up a frequent flyer because they know them. Treat everyone as if they were infectious and wash wash wash your hands!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.