Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin.

itku2er

This has been done in Europe in many countries, very successful, it reduces crime and prostitution hence reduction in transmission of HIV, its only in North America that we are so retarded to believe that anyone wins any "War on Drugs".

I hate to tell you but the US has LOST that WAR .... addictions are a disease, treat them dont incarcerate them, some individuals more prone to dependance than others the biggest legal addiction being ETOH and all the fallout from that "legal" drug, far more a societal issue than heroin, crunch the numbers.

So a little Story:

I speak from my heart as yesterday I sought help myself for extreme back pain 11/10 to receive 3 tabs,5 mgs of Endocet from an ER MD that was more worried about writing a triplicate form and doing the huge volume of paperwork ... btw, no physical examination, a 20 second contact and I spoke more to the cleaning staff than the MD ...I was crystal clear that my GP was on holidays for 8 days ... the asshole ER GP even suggested that I drive to my GPs office over an hour away and get my GPs "designate" to sign off (as if I could even get a appointment) .... well can't tell you how disappointed I was with this ok yes I will I was in tears ... so I returned the 3 whole tabs to the triage RN and suggested that the GP use them as a suppository, and if I could have been capable of administer it myself.

So after 20 ozs of rum and 4 tabs of asa I fell er passed out ... our North American anti any drug philosophy receives a HUGE a FAIL, I personally would give more pain meds to a dog.

Thanks to Terri and Happi so I could at lease tell my story, almost 30 years now of humping stretchers around equates to one tab of endocet per 10 years .... so pass the heroin.

cheers

** A former Boise, Idaho paramedic, who died October 2 after becoming trapped under an EMS station’s garage door, may have been trying to illegally enter the premises to obtain drugs. That is the supposition being dangled by KBCI (Michael Calcagno/October 20) which quoted the victim’s sister as saying Melissa Farris may have been seeking medication to alleviate insomnia caused by a leg injury. Farris, who phoned in a bogus 911 call to empty the station before attempting access, redialed from the same number when she became trapped. She was apparently fired from her paramedic job last year after she failed a drug test

Looks like a big FAIL here too I would like to send my condolences to this family today ..... chronic pain can be extremely serious problem insomnia can cause psychosis .... and we are ignorant and judgmental when it even comes to our own.

tniuqs dude, I would have done the same if not slightly worse. I am not nearly as "diplomatic" as you seem to be. I would probably have told him in his face what I thought of him. This simply amplifies my thoughts that people no longer practice medicine because they want to, it's simply a job these days.

Hope you get sorted quick dude.

tniuqs dude, I would have done the same if not slightly worse. I am not nearly as "diplomatic" as you seem to be. I would probably have told him in his face what I thought of him. This simply amplifies my thoughts that people no longer practice medicine because they want to, it's simply a job these days.

Hope you get sorted quick dude.

SA I felt really uncomfortable the was I spoke with the Triage RN yesterday, so I phoned her and apologized to her, she understood that my comments were not aimed at her, for being rather blunt .... as for the MD ... I'm writing a letter to his regulatory college thanking them for the restrictions that they place on him and his lack of compassion.

cheers and thanks ... know any reliable heroin dealers ? j/k

Good thing that I have a booze store within hobbling distance ... as I toast my full glass of legal pain relief.

So true medicine and human caring has gotten lost somewhere but alot of it I blame on the system. We do not have a perfect health care system people have abused it so much that there is a need for all these changes that make it hard for normal people to carry insurance. Doctors are scared to help people anymore people that really need help are afraid to seek help and the drug seekers and the chronic complainers are the ones that get all the breaks. I wish there was an easy answer and fix for this problem but there isnt.

Now back to the orginal post, I do not agree with it nor here in the states do I agree with Methadone. To me its just trading one addiction for another. Why should tax dollars go to pay for someone elses habit? I think they need to quit cold turkey!

So true medicine and human caring has gotten lost somewhere but alot of it I blame on the system. We do not have a perfect health care system people have abused it so much that there is a need for all these changes that make it hard for normal people to carry insurance. Doctors are scared to help people anymore people that really need help are afraid to seek help and the drug seekers and the chronic complainers are the ones that get all the breaks. I wish there was an easy answer and fix for this problem but there isnt.

Now back to the orginal post, I do not agree with it nor here in the states do I agree with Methadone. To me its just trading one addiction for another. Why should tax dollars go to pay for someone elses habit? I think they need to quit cold turkey!

Methadone is cheaper, as are needles that are clean, as is treating for HIV and AIDs, AND your paying with taxes for law enforcement, increased crime, incarceration for addictions and if you think that cold turkey works ... just as Mick Jagger hes a registered user in the UK.

We in North America are laughed at by most European Nations that have really addressed the issue and crunched the numbers and think N.A. are fools not to have any control ... when its just black market rules we all loose.

When the Governments have control this rules out the middle man dealers, guns and all that goes with the drug "turf" wars that kill innocent people.

cheers

Methadone is cheaper, as are needles that are clean, as is treating for HIV and AIDs, AND your paying with taxes for law enforcement, increased crime, incarceration for addictions and if you think that cold turkey works ... just as Mick Jagger hes a registered user in the UK.

We in North America are laughed at by most European Nations that have really addressed the issue and crunched the numbers and think N.A. are fools not to have any control ... when its just black market rules we all loose.

When the Governments have control this rules out the middle man dealers, guns and all that goes with the drug "turf" wars that kill innocent people.

cheers

I see your point but still I do not agree with it. But Methadone still hasn't wiped out the drug crimes, people go get their methadone and then turn around and rob their neighbors for there next illegal hit of whatever their posion is. Some people yeah it does help but the majority it doesn't.

Actually it not my personal point in the slightest, its evidence based medicine that proves the point conclusively,so 22 G to treat a heonine addict in UK, or 50 G for incarceration in the US (and theres no drugs in Prisons?) LOL ... its just that your US policy in foreign affairs and your past presidents, starting with that self proclaimed crook Nixon that started that bull shit.

Do you know just how many addicted GI Joe's came back from Nam .... and then treated like crap because they needed some escape from the reality they were forced to endure, (mean age of 18) they were hurting bad ... and without any help cause they we baby killers and druggie's ... nuff said.

OH Breaking News and NOT Reuters:

THE CIA has recently released information that Opium in the "Golden Triangle" may be funding arms for the Taliban, ROTFLMFAO brilliant, and putting Pablo Escobar in prison has not affected the cocaine trade one freaking iota.

So just ask yourself this this question HONESTLY!

If you continue to think the way you have aways thought, you will continue to get what you have always got.

Is prohibition working ? ... so remember your own history the Kennedy's were well know to be the Rum runners from Canada and became rich wealthy and rather famous ?

ps bless them today personally, for my legal relief of my pain.

cheers

This has been done in Europe in many countries, very successful, it reduces crime and prostitution hence reduction in transmission of HIV, its only in North America that we are so retarded to believe that anyone wins any "War on Drugs".

I hate to tell you but the US has LOST that WAR .... addictions are a disease, treat them dont incarcerate them, some individuals more prone to dependance than others the biggest legal addiction being ETOH and all the fallout from that "legal" drug, far more a societal issue than heroin, crunch the numbers.

Is the War on Drugs the only War (Police Action) the they believed they could win & well didnt?

• Like 1