a neat tattoo

tiedyedbeth

I would notice it but I don't think I would give it any thought. Lets face it alot people get tattoos not knowing it's meaning. They just like the design and wanted it on their body.

• Like 1

Neat ideal on the tattoo but honestly if I had seen it I wouldnt have paid any attention to it being a pacemaker tattoo. But its better than some I have seen. But like they say every tattoo tells a story.

What is the point? I do not look at a persons body art looking for medical alerts. If it is not quickly identifiable, easily seen within the first 20 seconds, it will get missed. While the tattoo in the pic is a good size (proportionally to the arm it is on. This would be USELESS in winter when that part of the anatomy is well covered.

So where to put the tattoo. Lets see, will we be like Charles Manson & use our forheads for medical alerts?????

Grow up. whats wrong with what we already have?

Edited by aussiephil

I realize that most people aren't going to tattoo their medical history or allergies on their bodies, or a MedicAlert type tattoo. I'm not very experienced in EMS so I don't have much to chat about here right yet (my medic clinicals start next semester, so maybe I'll have more questions and thoughts then). I'm a volunteer in a very rural area, and when I'm on it always seems to be quiet. I'm learning what I can from these forums, and I enjoy it here. However, I wasn't trying to start any sort of discussion on if it'd be something to add to our patient assessment right along with DCAPBTLS.

And THAT, Aussie, is the point. Simply that I thought it was neat to see, and thought I'd share it here because I thought maybe people here could appreciate it. I'm a straight up kind of person, and if I'd wanted to say "Hey, I've seen a couple medic-alert type things tattooed on people, is it a new trend to start looking for in our assessments or just something a few people are doing, what do ya'll think?" then I'd have started that kind of thread.

So, I'll be the grown up here Aussie and I won't take offense at your "grow up" comment. You don't know me well enough to know that I simply say what's on my mind as it is. It was neat, I didn't know there was apparently a symbol for a pacemaker. It interested me, and I thought it might be interesting to others here.

And FireMedic, thanks for sharing that pic of the arms. It is definitely a unique tattoo, and I like that it's with the ink that glows under a blacklight. The artwork itself is very detailed, and having just come off a midterm for A&P that included the skeleton - and the nearness of Halloween - I got a big kick out of it. :)

• Like 1